I have a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) that was recently updated to 7.0. I also have several Chromecast Audios. Ever since the 7.0 update, whenever I attempt to cast from Spotify/Pandora/whatever to a CCA group, it seems to stop, shut off my WiFi (it turns off), then turns itself back on again. I can then attempt a cast and it will work just fine.

Only casting seems to break the WiFi, and only after the device has been idle for a while. It never did this on 6.0. All other WiFi-related activity works just fine and I don't get any drop-outs. It only seems to be related to casting. Other 7.0 devices (e.g., my LG G5) work just fine when casting.

I can't find anyone with a similar issue. I don't have any battery optimizations enabled (at least ones that seem fitting, like Home, Spotify, or Pandora). Not sure what else to check. I've performed a factory reset and it made no difference. Thanks.
    07-31-2017 11:15 AM
    Moved from the Nougat forum to the Tab A forum, since this is more likely a device-issue.

There might be some app that's causing the instability. Unfortunately, Safe Mode won't be very helpful here, since it would also disable the Google Home app. You might have to try uninstalling apps one by one to see if the problem goes away.
    07-31-2017 01:12 PM