2 Weeks with Tab A 7.0

RJ Oakley

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys, two weeks ago I bought a white tab A 7-inch and it's a lot more work than my Apple products haha but it's also a lot of fun dealing with all the settings and maintaining it like clearing out cache and stuff. This is my first Android product, well I did have a tab E lite back in March but I actually returned it after about 7 hours. I needed it to be able to watch some dash cam footage from the memory card and a few videos never showed up, so that was why I returned it. Also the display onntge Tab E honestly gave me a headache. This Tab a is worlds better and really on par with my Ipad Air IMO. But the tab A seems to work flawlessly for what I need it to, even all of the dashcam videos show up under the files. Despite a couple of shortcomings like running older lollipop 5.1 and only having one free gig of device memory left, and not being able to put every single app into the MicroSD card, I'm learning a lot about Android and I really like this device, especially the size. I often find my 9.7 inch iPad to be too big and I like being able to use one hand to do everything with this Galaxy tablet. I'm using the Galaxy with voice dictation right now cuz I'm not really a fan of typing on glass, so I'm noticing that it doesn't put a double space after a period but that's okay right haha.

Anyway I had some concerns about being on older lollipop software so I installed a VPN called netguard, it seems pretty cool because you can block certain or all Wi-Fi access to the apps and I've tested this with certain apps and they absolutely will not connect if the VPN is on. I was also a little nervous to put any banking apps on older software like this so I probably won't do that since I have it on my iPhone but I was just wondering if anybody else feels the need to use a VPN with older software on Android?

It can be a little laggy at times and compared to my iPad or iPhone when you're scrolling say on Instagram, when you put your finger down its stop scrolling right away but there seems to be a bit of a delay on the Galaxy and these are minor things that I'm getting used to in the OS.

I'm also into trivia apps right now and I play with a bunch of friends and I find that the IOS app store is really lacking in that area and I just can't believe how good the apps are in the Google Play and even the Galaxy app store. I don't know much about the Galaxy app store, but there doesn't ever seem to be any updates for the apps there that I have noticed in the two weeks that I have been using a few of them.

I have been using an iPad since the original in 2010, had a few iPads since then and they are great, also being using iPhones since 2014 and I'm actually considering something like a Motorola E5 play or a G6 play in the future just to avoid massive bills in Canada with signing a 2 year contract to get an iphone here. Plus it would be nice to basically just own the phone and then go on any plan you want and when you buy a Motorola phone here they are unlocked, but not iPhones they are locked to your carrier, but I did hear the law is about to change starting in January so we will see what happens.

Anyway....

RJ Oakley

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Also I forgot to ask, is there going to be a replacement for the Galaxy Tab a A 2016 model also in a 7-inch with newer software? That would be something I would also consider upgrading to, but I hear nothing in the tech sites about this

RJ Oakley

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Thread moved eh? So yeah the tab A is great, I did put BitDefender VPN and Malware scanner on it because we are dealing with older Lollipop here and I can report it does not slow down the device in my experience. BitDefender is top rated and I searched out a lot of apps before settling on that one.

The battery will go more than a full day of heavy use, being a 4000 mAh size it’s more than enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech