I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Yeah, new to me (Bestbuy had a decent sale recently) but I guess 2016 is ancient in this tech industry.

In SS Tab reports it sees the LG phone and a Roku(??) says of the LG phone paired!! Roku just endlessly says pairing finally stops. I could use the Roku but I seen no where to add the code on the Roku Home Screen.

Ok but back to the LG and SS Tab. When I go to add the phone as a trusted deviced on SS it shows the phone on the Add Device Screen. Click on ADD TRUSTED DEVICE. But then reports cannot connect. Saying, Make sure they are paired and not too far apart says IT!?. One Googled site said turn off wifi while pairing. I tried that also.

Any ideas why this issue. And also I have two other Bluetooth devices and they aren't showing. All very close.

I would appreciate the collective intelligence of this group if any suggestions. Thanks so very much. Each answer will get a <3 ( no heart icon here) clicked on helpful or the contrary. Again, thanks! jack ":-{D
    01-08-2019 10:23 AM
    Bluetooth is sort of client/server, and both the tab and phone are servers. Unless you're running an app that connects the 2 devices (like a file transfer app) on both devices, you're not connecting anything. Whatever it that you want to do with them, you could probably do by WiFi.
    jackdashack likes this.
    01-08-2019 11:38 AM
    Bluetooth is sort of client/server, and both the tab and phone are servers. Unless you're running an app that connects the 2 devices (like a file transfer app) on both devices, you're not connecting anything. Whatever it that you want to do with them, you could probably do by WiFi.
    Yes sir, thank you. In my original post above, I'll try to explain better now, forget the paring part. On the SS tablet you have SMART LOCK. In there you can select for the SS to be unlocked if near other devices it recognizes. The Trust Other Devices option shows the LG as a nearby device but when I click on add LG as a new trusted device it does not allow the LG. Report says something like Make sure Bluetooth on (insert LG) is on and close enough to connect to this device.

All of which I have done. So I don't know if they have to be paired but the SMART LOCK says it see's the phone but gives the report I just mentioned.

Thanks for your response. Jack ":-{D
    01-08-2019 12:14 PM