I may not get all my topics out in this first Post; probably will have follow up.
    First, Why does the thing persist in constantly claiming any file that I bring in from an external source (like Word or Excel) is "read-only" when it was never intended to be read-only? Worse yet, "it" offers you a hint that you must STORE the file and edit it somewhere else (like in internal storage or the SD card) and then edit there -- where it does show up without being read-only. Some have suggested that may be because of the stripped down Office products that we get as nominal downloads for the TAB A (which may not handle older file versions.) I said maybe so until I stored one of the internally edited files out onto a USB drive and found IT WAS READ-ONLY TOO. The device seems to have an obsession with read-only. Why and what is the fix ???
    01-16-2019 12:51 PM
    Is this only with Microsoft Office apps? If so, you're not alone: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...?auth=1&page=2

It might be worth trying the paid version -- I seem to recall seeing something about that somewhere, but I can't find it right now with a Google search.
    01-16-2019 08:41 PM