This New year's at around Midnight my tablet seemed to reset itself. It seemed to do a complete factory reset with out me doing anything at around midnight on New years. It is a Galaxy tab A 8. If I look at the tablets up time it is at just over 72 hours but I have had it for over a year. I lost a lot of documents and data and I don't know what happened. All my apps that I had download were deleted and it even reset my Gmail that was linked to it and that password I put on the tablet.
    01-04-2020 03:43 AM
    Besides that, every now and then we hear about a device that just spontaneously factory resets, which is probably due to some catastrophic firmware glitch, or possibly a motherboard issue.
    unless there was a major failure, it sounds like what happens to stolen devices thats been locked and erased by their owners. there is not much you can do. only someone with access to your google account can do it.
    01-04-2020 07:54 AM
    Unless you have in lock setting if enter password too many times wrong to factory reset .
    me just saying likes this.
    01-04-2020 11:07 AM
    Unless you have in lock setting if enter password too many times wrong to factory reset .
    forgot about that possibility :-{
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-04-2020 03:26 PM
    Besides that, every now and then we hear about a device that just spontaneously factory resets, which is probably due to some catastrophic firmware glitch, or possibly a motherboard issue.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-05-2020 02:25 AM
    this happened to an old Huawei tablet I had with Android 4. Something was pressing the power button while it was in my pocket and after it was pressed long enough, it went straight to reset. Huawei makes awful tablets. It was a phone with an oversized screen, trying to identify as a tablet. The thing corrupted itself after a year of use, and I used it for hammer practice.
    08-04-2020 09:25 AM
    I used it for hammer practice.
    Did you get good at it?
    08-04-2020 10:47 PM