04-06-2012 12:07 AM
29 12
tools
    Hey there guys. Just picked up a galaxy tab 8.9. Sweet device. However, has anyone found any luck with a case? I would like something similar to the apple brand iPad 1 case. That would be ideal. However, I placed an order on amazon for the belkin ultra-slim folio case but looks to be backordered forever.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU1337177

Any ideas?
    10-13-2011 10:04 PM
    Hello

Same thing here. I am waiting for the Samsung Book Case Cover. I had this for the 10.1 tab and it is a fantastic case. Just waiting for them to get more in stock.

Best Buy has a M-Edge case for it. Nice product, but it came only in Red. The price is down to 39.99.

I am going to wait for the Samsung case as I do not like my nice slim device becoming big by adding a case
    10-13-2011 11:49 PM
    The best buy medge one seems ok except the red seems awful. Samsung one seems solid I might cancel the belkin order and wait on the samsung. Price seems steep though.
    10-14-2011 10:14 AM
    ^^ Agree about the red case. I saw it was on sale and still can't bring myself to buy one. Why would a dude want to carry around a red case. I'm still using my zippered netbook sleeve to carry it in. It has enough room for my PlayBook and an A/C adapter if needed.
    10-14-2011 10:30 AM
    Still waiting for the Samsung case.

In the mean time I bought a business card holder at Office Depot for 1.50 and using it as a stand for my 8.9
    10-22-2011 07:53 PM
    I ordered...

rooCASE Ultra Slim (Black) Leather Case Cover Cover with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab ...
    $32.93

From Aamazon. It shipped on friday, Ill let everyone know what its like when I get it.
    10-23-2011 12:34 AM
    I ordered...

rooCASE Ultra Slim (Black) Leather Case Cover Cover with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab ...
    $32.93

From Aamazon. It shipped on friday, Ill let everyone know what its like when I get it.
    Alright got my case the other day. I do like it. It is very slim and clean. The only problem with it is the way you put the tablet in there. The charging port is on the bridge side of the "book" So you have to either keep the case open to charge it or take it out of the case. Not a huge deal. I just flip it open,
    10-28-2011 01:17 PM
    I placed an order on amazon for the belkin ultra-slim folio case but looks to be backordered forever.

Yeah, the two promising ones (Samsung & Belkin ultra-slim) are back ordered.
    I just got this simple one in the mail today:

I just wanted something to tide me over until the Samsung was available.
    This little fella was only 11 bucks and is pretty okay.
    It has all the openings placed correctly, but oddly has an extra opening (just to remind us there is no card slot -- hehe).
    And the power & volume buttons are a tad difficult to activate with the case on.
    Overall, well worth 11 bones. It will hold me off until the book case is available.
    10-28-2011 03:44 PM
    I had a hell of a time looking for a case our screen protector for my 8.9.still have to go without.

I did find a screen protector but it had the wrong corners cut in and the wrong camera placement holes.still waiting on a good one of those too
    11-04-2011 10:57 PM
    From Case Mate's Customer Feedback:

Welcome to the official case-mate product feedback forum. Do you have a product idea or suggestion? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
    I made a suggestion and would appreciate it if anyone could find the time to vote for it.

I have the Barely There case for my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch and absolutely LOVE it to death. The soft as silk case makes it so much more enjoyable to hold the device, let alone use it. Please... please... please... Case Mate, make one of these beautiful cases for the 8.9!!! >:-D
    Galaxy Tab 8.9 Barely There Case
    11-18-2011 07:59 PM
    I just got the Acase premium leather case from Amazon for $20 shipped (regularly $85, wtf?!). It's nice, but imperfect. The speakers sit in the notches when standing the pad on an incline but it doesn't seem to reduce the volume much. It requires you to pop the bottom corners of the GTab from the case to stand it up. That's a mild inconvenience, but not too difficult. Overall the build quality is solid, but when closed the center notch seems slightly too large even though it's well secured shut. Oddly the logo appears upside down when the case is closed. Camera is exposed as is the power button and charging port. The contact material is some kind of short nap felt and is well-padded. It is a real leather exterior.

I wouldn't consider paying anything close to $85 for any case and this one is not worth it at that price. However, at $20 this is a good value for a nice real leather case.
    11-19-2011 08:37 AM
    hello, what's about these cases?
    they seems to be fine....isn't it?
    ciao
    12-08-2011 01:45 AM
    Hello

Just to let you all know, the Samsung Book Cover Case for the 8.9 is now available from the Samsung site. I had this case, but for the 10.1 and it was the slimmest and perfect case out there.

I have been waiting for this case for the 8.9 and thought I would share this news with you all
    NickA likes this.
    12-10-2011 07:52 AM
    I got two cases from Amazon, the 1st was a knockoff of the Blurex case seen here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU1470348

It's not obvious, but the knockoff cases require you to popout the bottom edge of Tab to stand it up, but the Blurex case doesn't have the lip over the bottom edges. What I like about either case is that they don't add a lot of bulk or weight to the device, AND they were cheap.
    I'd add pics, but Amazon shows them at every angle

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 8.9 using Tapatalk
    12-12-2011 07:39 PM
    Are the lte tablets any different from the 3g or wifi only tablets in terms of size or do all cases fit as long as they are 8.9 cases?

Thanks in advance
    12-13-2011 02:47 PM
    Since there has to be. Spot for the sim card, your mileage may vary on cases, but the one I referenced in my previous post should work because all of the sides are open on that case.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 8.9 using Tapatalk
    12-14-2011 10:30 PM
    If anyone finds a brown leather case for the 8.9 please let me know...
    01-21-2012 10:46 AM
    Samsung Book Case is the best I have found.
    01-21-2012 11:29 PM
    Don't have one, but there's a pretty nice looking folio/stand case from Incipio.
    01-25-2012 02:55 PM
    I picked up the belkin case for the galaxy tab. I love the leather cases for this device. Its gives it such a premium look and also doubles as a stand.
    I have seen some cases out there with built in blootooth key pads if your interested. All a matter of personal taste IMO.

Sent from Galaxy Tab 8.9
    02-11-2012 03:12 PM
    I bought the Vipertek case on the famous jungle online retailer. However, that brand has since been removed. It is a great case. There is now a case from ACase for around $15 that appears to be the exact same case. I'd highly recommend it!

-me
    02-13-2012 07:06 AM
    Samsung Book Case is the best I have found.
    Just got the official 8.9 case and although it is very slim, one of the edges are exposed. That worries me that it might get scratched. The case does not wrap around the entire sides. A bit disappointed.
    02-19-2012 05:49 PM
    I got the Incipio case from amazon. It has an excellent feel and fits perfectly. The most upright and medium positions for reading work very well. The other position slips out pretty easily but I rarely use it anyway. I would buy this again but it was pricy at $39.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    02-19-2012 09:15 PM
    I had the Blurex on my Transformer and just ordered the same for my Galaxy 8.9 These are really good cases for the money.
    02-20-2012 07:07 AM
    I got in this week the official samsung book case and I really like it. I wanted something slim fitting for it, and I like the ease of holding it. I was worried about how I would be able to fold the top cover back and then hold it in my hands and it feels pretty natural. I do wish there was an opening for the charger like there is for the headphones, but it's not a deal breaker. I just fold back the small flap and it still stays covered while charging.

It seems pretty solid and should protect it from any mild mishaps. Now I just need to find some screen protectors or anti-glare screen covers for daytime use. Any suggestions?
    02-23-2012 08:58 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD