Hello everyone I am new to the forums. I really had my mind set on getting a 32GB Galaxy Tab 8.9 however the TAb is gone...... I contacted every Best Buy in NY, NJ, DE, MD, VA, and DC and they don't have the 32GB version in stock; further more I was told that they would not be carrying the 32GB GAlaxy Tab 8.9 in any of the stores. The Manager at 2 of the stores told me you can order it online or ship to the store but it has been offically deleted from their in store inventory. (Strange that they have the 16GB in ample supply)..... This leads me to belive that the 32GB 8.9 will be short lived... (What are you thoughts?) I had the 10.1 and sold it at a $50 loss becuase I really need the smaller form factor... alas I may dare I say it..... Get a CrapPad 2.......................................... No I am not comparing them however these Android Tablet makers need to get on the ball. And how the heck is Apple able to get the competition banned and pulled from entire countries.... with practices like this Apple is gonna be run out of town in a few years. I digress....................... I long for the say of having the 8.9 Galaxy Tab 32GB................The 7.7 would be nice but it ain't comming to the USA........ What' am I to do...............................................SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THERE ANY OTHER SUPPLIER I CAN GET A 32GB GALAXY TAB 8.9 FROM.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    10-18-2011 08:03 PM
    If this is true then the 7.7 maybe coming to US I mean it has expendable SD slot. it wouldn't make sense to discontinue without another option. unless sales were abysmal
    10-19-2011 12:37 PM
    The Manager at 2 of the stores told me you can order it online or ship to the store

I'm confused. Why not just do what was suggested and buy it online?
    10-28-2011 03:54 PM
    10-28-2011 03:55 PM
    (What are you thoughts?) I had the 10.1 and sold it at a $50 loss becuase I really need the smaller form factor... alas I may dare I say it..... Get a CrapPad 2...

Also, I had the 10.1 for about two days before returning it for the 8.9.
    I can't tell you how happy I am about that most excellent decision.
    If you "really need the smaller form factor" then the iPad is NOT for you.
    After handling and using different sized tablets, the 8.9 feels the closest to perfection, imho.
    10-28-2011 04:08 PM
    I HIGHLY doubt they have been discontinued after only just being released. And also... did you really call every single Best Buy store in all the states you listed? Yes, there were plenty of 16 Gigs in stock in this district. I for one know that the store in Deptford NJ had one 32 Gig in stock as of last Thursday, but it was an open box and discounted as such. In fact, they were having an extra $25 off open boxes plus 10% off.

You have to keep in mind that the people you get on the phone don't often know exactly what's going on with the stock. Not to mention about any special in-store promotions. I went to the Mount Laurel NJ store and ordered one. You get a better idea of what's going on with an item by stopping in a store and talking with a salesperson. They may not all know, but you might find a knowledgeable salesperson, that has the time to actually find out. Order one from a store, or from BB's web page. Not a big deal is it? He said they would be shipping out more and mine would be in store by next Friday, November 4th.

I am excited to get this device, and with the announcement that it's going to get ICS next year is great news. I prefer that's it's a notch below the 10.1, it will make it easier to fit into my photography backpack which I travel with. I'll be able to take pics and use the 8.9 as a repository to offload pics to, as well as show off pics to friends and family.
    10-29-2011 12:27 PM
    I just ordered same exact from B.B.....should have in a few days.
    01-03-2012 11:05 PM
    Just order it from Best Buy online. I did got mine last week. It isn't discontinued. CompUSA carries it in stores if you have one close to you.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2012 10:38 AM
    For what it's worth, I just took my 16gb back to best buy to exchange for the 32, because it was only 20 bucks more. The sales associate had a hard time tracking one down in hte computer system and said they are being discontinued. She finnaly found one in another store that is being sent....can't wait to get it back!
    02-18-2012 05:41 PM
    so, what i have gathered from news and "official news" is that not only is the 8.9 being discontinued but the 10.1 is also being discontinued. They are coming out with the new galaxy tab, called simply galaxy tab 2. it has pretty much the same specs as the 8.9 but is a 7"inch tablet instead. I don't have a clue why they would do this unless they are also planning a new 10.1 or 8.9 inch tab. What I do know is that they are kind of a waste of time compared to the series 7 slate from samsung which runs windows 7 on a quad core i5 CPU with 4GB of RAM, and blows away the competition(there are only a couple i5 tablets out there). The only draw back is the $1200 price tag, ouch! But hello, your running windows 7(i have windows 8 on mine) and its bad-***. If you got the $1200 for one, skip android and iOS and go right for the series 7 slate. The fact that android and iOS.
    04-11-2012 04:04 PM
    You guys had me scared for a minute. Samsung is in the process of getting the new versions of their tablet line updated. NOT DISCONTINUED. THat is why everyone is having sales on the current models.

They currently have new versions of the 10 and 7", but just came out with the 3 & 5" models and I'm pretty sure that in addition to the 7 & 10" new ones will also be releasing versions of the 8.9 followed by the 7.7, 3 and 5" models.
    04-12-2012 12:23 AM
    Yes it is possible to replace your* ‬16* ‬GB with* ‬32* ‬GB Samsung galaxy tab* ‬8.9.* ‬But as it is a company discount scheme,* ‬it is closed any time.*
    04-12-2012 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD