have you used your skyrocket successfully as a hotspot for galaxy

anon(678374)

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used their skyrocket as a hotspot for their galaxy tab? Does it work and are there performance issues, meaning is it faster browsing using the tablet's own built in 4g rather then the mobile phone as a hotspot?I just purchased the tablet with a two year data contract and still have time to get out. Currently, I pay AT&T for home internet and cell service with unlimited data and now data for this tablet has been added on. 90% of the time I use my tablet at home so I just connect to my wifi to save on data. In fact I have had the tablet for Three Weeks and still have 2.7GB of data left so I think its a waste for me to pay $35 a month for data I will hardly use. After I purchased the tablet I heard that people use their phone as a mobile hotspot and use that to allow their tablet wifi. However I tried to do this on my phone and keep getting an error message. Upon further reading it appears I need to root my phone. I have no problem doing that but before I tell att to cancel the data plan I want to make sure that connecting in this way is just as fast as if I connect through the tablet 4g. Also is there anything I should be aware of or any negatives? Thanks for the help!!!:)

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: have you used your skyrocket successfully as a hotspot for ga

If Att catches you using hot spot data through your phone without paying them there fees... Just saying.
But I do understand your dilemma, so root to your hearts content and buy a Wi-Fi only version.
In the end you save a ton of money.

The argument of paying extra to use the data you have already paid for does come to mind though.

And yes, if your phone has LTE speeds, your Wi-Fi tablet will have those same LTE speeds when connected to your phone's hotspot. (I believe)

Reactions: anon(678374)

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: have you used your skyrocket successfully as a hotspot for ga

I have tethered my laptop and my tab with no problems. The only thing is that my understanding is that some of the tethering apps will only work at 3g speeds, while others will use 4g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech