Printing from galaxy tab 8.9 non Samsung printers.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have printer share app installed on my galaxy tab 8.9. I can print and document I save but I can't print my emails for some reason. Whenever I try I get a pop up saying I can only print to Samsung printers.....really Samsung? Is there a work around to this. Thanks all for your feedback.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi there.

Thanks for the feedback. I have an HP photo smart printer wifi enabled.

The previous app I installed was printer share premium and in can print all saved files on my tablet and phone but not my email.

Does Google cloud print allow for printing email directly from the tab to the printer?

Going to install now.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I installed the google cloud print app to my galaxy 8.9 tab.
I still cannot print emails from my tablet to my printer. The popup still says I can only print to a samsung printer.
is tthere any way to print email from this damn thing?

Sent from Galaxy Tab 8.9 using TapaTalk

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

The problem is not being able to print. Its how to.print emails from the tab to.a non Samsung printer. A stupid pop up says I can only print from a Samsung printer?
There has to be a work around for this.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well noted. Its not the perfect workaround but you can cut and past the message. what you cant print are the email send and received details. For work emails that is definately important. Especially if there are jpeg images within the email.

If no other solution I guess this will have to do. I'm just surprised we cannot print using the traditional "print" feature for non Samsung printers.

Sent from Galaxy Tab 8.9 using TapaTalk

Prestaeus

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You have to install a third party email app and then use cloud print or easyprint. Setting an HP printer up to use with cloud print I found was the most difficult part. At the end of the day reinstalling the HP drivers for my printer from scratch worked. In fact, any time you change your network you need to reinstall the drivers if you are using wifi between your computer and the printer. Once that is done then set up cloud print. Remember to keep a Google chrome browser window open. Cheers.

panheadstransam

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded a lexmark app for mine and had the same "only print from samsung printer" problem trying to print a pdf in my files. Instead of clicking print I clicked on send and sent it to my lexmark app and printed it from there.