Will Samsung make a new 8.9

will there be a next generation 8.9

• Total voters

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
When Samsung introduces their next generation (quad core) tablets will we see another with a 8.9 inch screen?
It seems like in general the tablet market is limited 7 inch and 10 inch tablet forms, but do u think there is enough demand for samsung to have one in the middle. I personally prefer the size of the 8.9 because it is much easier to hold than 10 inch and is only noticably smaller screen side by side.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, the 8.9 sales haven't been exactly where they wanted them to be. It doesn't rule it out but i see Samsung sticking with the 7, 10, and larger sizes

eriksahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they will. I went from an iPad to a 7" and one was too big, the other too small.

Same here. Galaxy 10 was just flat out awkward to hold. 7 inch tablet was rough on the eyes.

Unfortunately a rep from Samsung told me they're ditching the 8.9 to focus on competing with 7 and 10 inch tablets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jesslynh

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That's is stupid, IMO. Now is the best time for a 8.9". People are more knowledgeable about tablets and I have found many who just haven't purchased one for exactly the reasons I state in Post #2.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to go back to a ROM until this thing dies.

Jesslynh

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting an Amazon Fire HD 8.9 and rooting it. Now I have the best of both worlds with a FANTASTIC screen. I get my Amazon movies plus my Google apps. Can't be happier.

onenonlycasper

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
From what little information that is out about future tablet releases from samsung, it doesn't seem likely that there will be another tablet in the same 8.9" size range. As other users have stated above me in this thread, it generally seems like the tablet fields are being centered around the standard of 7" and 10" sizes. The only exception that has officially been stated as a definite release to come is the new samsung galaxy note 8" they showed off at MWC show not too long ago. Personally I can't wait for the US release of the 8" note because even though the galaxy 8.9" is awesome and maybe even perfect in its size, the only tablet I love more than my galaxy tabs of all sizes (especially my tab 7.7" and my tab 8.9") is perhaps both of my galaxy note models (the note 2 phone and the note 10.1" tablet) as they are simply just great devices in general and the addition of an S-Pen is just pure Awesome all around. So an 8" note tablet of what is already a great device in every size/format, just makes it even better to me.

So if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another samsung tab in 8.9" form, just buy the note 8" when its available and enjoy the addition if an S-Pen wth great performance as well.

Sent from Tapatalk app on Galaxy Tab 8.9" 4G LTE rooted, unlocked, and running one of the very few custom ROMs available for this tablet with GSM working --- for now I'm getting by on a incomplete AOKP unofficial JB build --- someone please port another ROM or at least complete a decent stable functioning version of any JB build hat is more recent than last December!!!! HELP... PLEASE DONT MAKE ME TRY TO BUILD MY OWN OFF ANOTHER BASE - I DONT HVE THE TIME AND IM NOT EVEN SURE IF I CAN COMPLETELY FINISH THIS TYPE OF BUILD WITHOUT LOSING MY MIND OR BREAKING MY TAB IN THE PROCESS.

Last edited:

John Kuziora

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Onenonlycasper

Stumbled over you in a thread from about 7 months ago about people looking for new Samsung 8.9's. Any who, I got me a Galaxy tab 8.9 4G late and am technically challenged.

I am getting increasingly frustrated so many new apps (e.g. BBM) can't run on my ice cream sandwich OS. You seem to know what's going on with rooting & stuff which scares the hell out of me.

Is there any way that you know for me to root my tab to JB and not screw anything up?

John

Posted via Android Central App