Why has my Samsung Tab 8.4 SM700 started to intermittently reboot in mid process?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Tab 8.4 SM700 has started to intermittently reboot in mid process.

In the last month my tab has started to intermittently reboot in mid process, there does not seem to be a common process that triggers the reboot. I have also noticed occasional instability in the display (flickering) preceding the reboot.

When the tab unexpectedly reboots , it then seems to go into a loop rebooting multiple times. Closing the case flap on the case for 5 mins sometimes stops the reboot loop (note I have a slip of card covering both the camera and the eye sensor). The most reliable, if inconvenient fix is to plug the tab into the power (even though often the battery indicator is better than 70%) to stabilise the tab.

This issue started around the sametime that Lollipop was downloaded, I am therefore wondering if there is a connection.

Any advice , guidance much appreciated (note: I am a relative IT novice)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Tab 8.4 SM700 has started to intermittently reboot in mid process.

In the last month my tab has started to intermittently reboot in mid process, there does not seem to be a common process that triggers the reboot. I have also noticed occasional instability in the display (flickering) preceding the reboot.

When the tab unexpectedly reboots , it then seems to go into a loop rebooting multiple times. Closing the case flap on the case for 5 mins sometimes stops the reboot loop (note I have a slip of card covering both the camera and the eye sensor). The most reliable, if inconvenient fix is to plug the tab into the power (even though often the battery indicator is better than 70%) to stabilise the tab.

This issue started around the sametime that Lollipop was downloaded, I am therefore wondering if there is a connection.

Any advice , guidance much appreciated (note: I am a relative IT novice)

Welcome to Android Central!

You might need to do a factory data reset to remedy the issue. A lot of devices are having issues after the update to Lollipop. Most of the issues are resolved after a reset of the device. If you decide to go that route make sure to back up anything you might need off the tablet. It will clear it all out and reset it to out of the box settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz