Questions regarding use of external microSDHC memory card and its contents

MikeSp

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Having read the manual and searched the FAQ's for the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 on the Samsung website, I cannot find an answer to the following questions in anticipation of the arrival of my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 in two days: (my goal is to be able to keep apps in the internal memory and movies, music and photos on the external microSDHC memory card and be able to view the photos and movies and listen to the music in a routine manner using resident apps on the tablet)

1. Is there any way to designate when downloading music, photo or video/movie files via Kies/ USB from a Windows computer whether the files go into the rather small amount of remaining internal memory OR be placed in the external SDHC card where I want them to go? (image below taken from the Samsung FAQ's indicates all downloads using Kies via USB are dumped into internal memory...)
2014-02-18_211258.jpg
2. How are photos, music and video/movie files that were placed directly on the external SDHC memory card using a card reader/writer accessed and photos viewed, music listened to and movies watched in a routine manner using the tablet's resident apps?

Thanks,
MikeSp

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1. I honestly can't remember, and it has been quite some time since I used a stock Samsung device.
2.There should be a root file in My Files that has the internal and external storage.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how it is on the tab, but on my note 3, plugging in my phone to the computer let's me choose where to place the files either to internal or external sd

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol