Video player/Netflix faulty playback

drizzly

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I just picked bought this tablet a few weeks ago and a recent problem arose a week or so after use with the video playback. I can stream from YouTube without issue but when I try to watch a video file from my ext. sd through Samsung's video player it runs into major problems from slowed playback to choppy and line scratchy frames. The same problem occurs in Netflix. I will post some impromptu pictures.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1395628628797.jpg
    1395628628797.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 1395628675112.jpg
    1395628675112.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:

drizzly

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Video player/Netflix faulty playback.

Hey, I tried bs player and I found the same problem that I should mention when I tried vlc. my media files just aren't showing up. They are in my folders and appear within Samsung's video player but nowhere in vlc or bs. I tried changing my sd card to see if maybe the one I had in the tablet was corrupted somehow but the one I knew to be working from my phone didn't work either.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey, I tried bs player and I found the same problem that I should mention when I tried vlc. my media files just aren't showing up. They are in my folders and appear within Samsung's video player but nowhere in vlc or bs. I tried changing my sd card to see if maybe the one I had in the tablet was corrupted somehow but the one I knew to be working from my phone didn't work either.

Did you try MX Player?

jedtron

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried doing a hard restart? I had a similar issue and hard restart and the problem was resolved.

Posted via Android Central App

drizzly

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Did you try MX Player?

Just tried mx and it seemed to solve the problem even with Netflix! That's wild, what did mx player do? It seems strange that the other video players would all of a sudden act up but that installing mx would fix the entire problem. Mx was some sort of cure.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Just tried mx and it seemed to solve the problem even with Netflix! That's wild, what did mx player do? It seems strange that the other video players would all of a sudden act up but that installing mx would fix the entire problem. Mx was some sort of cure.

MX Player and BS Player are really good. :) Glad it finally worked.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same but intermittent issue and downloaded my player. It didn't work and I had the tablet exchanged since I was still with in 14 days.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AC Forums mobile app

UptownProject

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Changing wont solve issue. I also experienced same thing as many others have also. Hopefully an update will fix this. A restart fixes issue. Mine hasn't done it in over a week. But when it does.. another restart. Annoying.. INDEED. Pretty sure its all of Samsung's bloatware.

Kbdixon1

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site

My HTC won't play Netflix thru Screanbeam min2 to TV. I do not have WiFi currently. Please help me if anyone can. I have downloaded VLC, MX player and BS player. But the file has to be in a folder or downloaded to play from these I'm guessing? And Netflix can't be download.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon