Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1: Widgets not updating

Steven Giap

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
So I am new to the forum, so please be kind...

I picked up a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 last Saturday and everything was working perfectly...but over the weekend, the widgets stopped updating, i.e. clock widget did not change time/date/weather...google play would not update to the song currently playing, even though the widget/song was running. Tried removing and re-populating the widget on the home screen, no difference. Tried uninstalling and re installing and no difference. Tried installing a widget i have never downloaded in the past and the widget does not even show up on the home screen. I can touch and hold/place the widget/icon to the home screen but nothing shows up on the home screen. The icons are there but they are invisible...Meaning I cannot put another app or widget in the space, but the widget icon does not appear and is not functional, e.g. tapping the widget does nothing. I end up deleting the invisible icons...Also, my power saver mode is not on...

Right now, i just have app icons on my home screens and they work but if the widgets don't work there's no point in having an Android powered device...I might as well go back to my Ipad...I dont know if its an Android issue or software/hardware issue with Samsung...

I thought it was a sync issue, but my sync is on...I can't really think of anything else...Any suggestions would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Q: have you rooted, added sugar or otherwise messed with the tablet por isd everything all stock? I'll try and replicate what you've done to try asndu help you fix it...but need to understand d any and everything you've added! Include aspps, exchange ACCTS, etc pls

Posted via Android Central App

t0ddkrupa

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Q: have you rooted, added sugar or otherwise messed with the tablet por isd everything all stock? I'll try and replicate what you've done to try asndu help you fix it...but need to understand d any and everything you've added! Include aspps, exchange ACCTS, etc pls

Posted via Android Central App

I have not rooted (am not opposed just haven't looked into it yet), but everything is stock. The stock widgets with the flipboard look with Twitter, YouTube, business, etc , regular flipboard widget as a standalone, calendar, email with an exchange account connected, Google now widget, gtasks widget, mint financial widget, nothing is refreshing. Everything turned on to allow for syncing, push, on the hour. Even hitting the refresh button on the apps does not refresh them at all.

I really appreciate your help, let me know if you need anything more!

t0ddkrupa

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I also just used nova launcher And added the generic widgets for the apps I listed above and they work perfectly on there :/ I just like the look and feel of the stock screen and would rathwhole layout se that then setting up a whole layout with nova... Any thoughts?

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Sure - Okay, I've setup everything you have (listed) and I don't have the same issue. Going to ask you to do something that sounds wierd. Either create another user account, or delete your existing gmail account and add another one. I'm trying to figure out if there's something about your Google Account that Touchwiz doesn't like, or if it's just the account itself (which is less likely given that it works under Nova just fine).

i had a similar wierdness with mine, when I first setup the tablet - I had 2-stage verification enabled...and no matter what I did or how many times I'd enter the key - the damn thing just wouldn't sync any of my Google stuff. I deleted the account, re-entered it, wiped the tablet...nothing. It took me disabling 2-stage, logging in (and everything worked magically fine) then re-enabling it once I was logged in to get everything to work right!

Jack

t0ddkrupa

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Not quite sure what I did but it seems to be updating lately without issues and I can click on the widget's with actions working. Thanks for your help tho, I'll check back layer of something doesn't work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34