Would anyone buy a Samsung certified refurbished tablet?

Martin Nicholson

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
samsung. com certified refurbished tablets

My question is would anyone buy a samsung certified refurbished galaxy tab pro 10.1off this website for 299. Can I trust that it will be in new condition. They are give a 90 day warranty. Or should I buy a brand new samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1 from hhgregg for 279?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung. com certified refurbished tablets

Welcome to the forums. Some people have good luck with refurbished devices. For me, it depends on the price difference. In this case, I think I would get the 3 for $20 less. Probably has a longer warranty too.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I didn't have any faith in refurbished devices until I was provided one and it was flawless. Another way to look at it is that a refurbished unit should have had a tech go over it to ensure that it is in fine working order. The only question that would remain for me on a refurbished unit is the battery. Is it coming with a battery that is nearly worn out or a brand new one? That is one question I would definitely ask on a refurbished device with a sealed battery.

from the 3

Last edited:

Martin Nicholson

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site

This is what samsung has post on their website regarding refurbished products..... fully tested (including full burn-in testing, if applicable).
is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
If applicable, includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and any custom software that may have been included with that system. See the “Learn More” section for each product for more details.
is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Okay, so that addresses the QA aspect but not me being anal about the battery. So getting a refurbished Samsung tablet may not be the very best idea.

from the 3

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante