Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro sync with google anymore?

rjband10

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." My Gmail won't sync, nor will anythimg else google-related... such as Youtube, Play Store, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried removing your Google account completely from the tablet, then adding it back again?

rjband10

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! The first time I tried to delete the google account, it told me that there were apps using Google and I would have to wipe the tablet clean. I rejected that, and the next thing I tried was to hold down the Google Mail icon and swipe it to the trash can. I did the same thing with play store and YouTube. Now I don't know how to get the apps back:/ I am usually pretty good with technology, but this tablet has me stymied.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you moved Gmail, YouTube, and the Play Store to the trash can, do you mean the app shortcuts on the homescreen? If so, you only removed the shortcuts, and didn't delete the actual apps. Those apps were preinstalled--you can't uninstall them if the tablet isn't rooted. Open the App Drawer--you should find them there.

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account], and uncheck whatever is showing a sync error, then check it again. Does it resolve, or still give an error?

rjband10

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
When I click into Accounts, Google does not show in the list. When I click on Samsung, under accounts, my gmail address is listed. It was syncing Calendar, Contacts, and Internet. I did what you suggested and unchecked them all, and when I rechecked them, I got the same sync error.

rjband10

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
It may be worth mentioning that my tab has been going through battery life exponentially this past month. The last successfully sync was October 21st.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't see your Google account there, it sounds like you're not logged into Google at all. Can you Add Account and select Google, then proceed from there?

As for the battery, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

rjband10

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I can click on add account, but when I try to sign into Google, it just goes on a neverending "signing in" adventure. I realize it can take several munites, but i have waited a good 10 minutes and I have the feeling that it will run my battery dead before it successfully signs in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have 2 step authentication turned on for your Google account? If so, turn it off temporarily and see if you have more success.

rjband10

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
The 2 step authorization is off. There is a long list of things that the google account is trying to sync. App data, calendar, chrome, contacts, docs, drive, gmail, google fit, play books, movies, newsstand, people details, and web albums. I remember you telling mebt9 uncheck everything and then recheck. Well, I only rechecked the mail caption, and it still will not sync.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not sure what to do next. Is this a wi-fi only tablet, or does it have LTE capability? If so, does the same thing happen regardless of wi-fi or mobile data?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech