"Warning battery low" but recharges when turned off without power cord attached..

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy PRO 10.1.....
While using after a time the "warning battery low" indicator comes on and says anything from 10-20% left....by the time ive done a little more it might be down to 5-10% and i switch it off...when i turn it back on in the morning it can be anything from 50-70% charged..yesterday was such a morning re-start and it was back to 65% and i used it till it again showed "warning battery low"..turned it off and 4 hours later back on last night and it was 45%.... from a full 100% charge i probably get an hour if i'm playing games such as wgt golf app or other power hungry games or you tube video's... the Tablet is just over 2 years old but has been doing this for at least a year..i have had one of them covers on with magnets in which i have also taken off today as perhaps some cause ?
Appreciate any help.
Keith

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try recalibrating the battery sensor software by charging up to 100%, then using it normally until it shuts off automatically from low battery. Then charge back up to 100%, and see if the issue persists.

keithhazel

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to answer, i did charge it up today to full although i did not start it up to see what it had in it after 3 low battery warning in a row without needing to charge it to have it boot up again,from 100 charge it only lasted 40 minutes playing on line games so i will do it properly tomorrow and do exactly as you suggest and we will see how that goes, i shall do it for a few days before i report back.
thanks again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the calibration doesn't work, then the battery might be starting to fail. Make sure your important data is backed up somewhere, in case the device suddenly stops working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair