Flipboard work around

Arthur62

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I found out how to bypass flipboard on my pro 12.2. First I turn it off in application manager and selected load default version, second I went to the can flipboard screen on my home page. Third I selected menu option at the top of each panel and unchecked any magazines on each panel. Selected done and the whole page stops displaying because there is no magazine selected. Flipboard is still on my pad but at least its not coming up by accident. Just an easy work around.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I found out how to bypass flipboard on my pro 12.2. First I turn it off in application manager and selected load default version, second I went to the can flipboard screen on my home page. Third I selected menu option at the top of each panel and unchecked any magazines on each panel. Selected done and the whole page stops displaying because there is no magazine selected. Flipboard is still on my pad but at least its not coming up by accident. Just an easy work around.

You should notify the developers of what you discovered.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Arthur62

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the comment, I ve an old timer, started with a asian pad with 2.2 on it, then a toshiba thrive pad with ics on it then a samsung 10.1 note, and now I have this samsung pro 12.2 with jelly bean. Only rooted one pad the asian one I bought for a $100. I perfer to run stock. Been watching this site for a while and sometimes make a comment. But sometimes you just got to poke around and try different things. Always looking for a good app, like app lock and file organizer lite which alows u to make folders and add apps to it. I know there are launchers that do it but there is always a trade off.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Arthur, what exactly was happening with Flipboard? Was it opening automatically? You say it was opening by accident but that is not clear.

Just asking as I have to tap on flipboard to open it. It then takes a second or two to receive the updated info. You can see the automatic flips. When those are done it's ready to use.

Arthur62

May 25, 2014
Visit site
From time to time when i selected something on my home screen, flip board would open. I may had slid my finger slightly causing it to launch, however after i closed it out its no longer there. Problem solved. Plus the added bonus no more flip board.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance