Hi all,

I have a Tab Pro 12.2 that I got back in late August/early September and haven't had many problems with it up until these last couple of weeks. Today, I was on my tablet and had to get up and do something for about 15 minutes. I was in the middle of watching a show on Hulu and just left the app open, as I was only going to be gone for about 15 minutes. When I got back, I tried to turn the screen back on, but it wouldn't do so. None of the buttons would work and I have no way of resetting it. This has happened about once a week for the past three weeks, but previously I have been able to turn it on within 5-10 minutes. I have never dropped it, gotten it wet, etc., and I had 60%-70% battery right before I left my tablet, so I doubt it had to do with the battery running out. If there is no solution I am probably going to return it and get my money back, but I was wondering if anybody had any tricks up their sleeve to solve the issue. Thanks.
    11-28-2014 06:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The next time that happens, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds--if the device is actually on (but the screen is blank), it should force a power off. Then power on again normally.
    11-29-2014 12:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The next time that happens, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds--if the device is actually on (but the screen is blank), it should force a power off. Then power on again normally.
    I did everything suggested about getting my Pro12 tab 12.2 back on and still will not come on. When I plug it in, it doesn't seem to be charging either. All I did was walk away for a few minutes. I have only had it a few weeks and was loving it.
    11-11-2016 06:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it matter if you plug it into a wall outlet overnight before trying to power on again? Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94508/
    11-11-2016 10:44 AM
    Hi all,

I have a Tab Pro 12.2 that I got back in late August/early September and haven't had many problems with it up until these last couple of weeks. Today, I was on my tablet and had to get up and do something for about 15 minutes. I was in the middle of watching a show on Hulu and just left the app open, as I was only going to be gone for about 15 minutes. When I got back, I tried to turn the screen back on, but it wouldn't do so. None of the buttons would work and I have no way of resetting it. This has happened about once a week for the past three weeks, but previously I have been able to turn it on within 5-10 minutes. I have never dropped it, gotten it wet, etc., and I had 60%-70% battery right before I left my tablet, so I doubt it had to do with the battery running out. If there is no solution I am probably going to return it and get my money back, but I was wondering if anybody had any tricks up their sleeve to solve the issue. Thanks.
    i also experience that ,,, why you just click the power button about 15 seconds ... then until the 15 second it turns back on.
    01-20-2019 09:31 PM