Crackling/Popping sound coming from my galaxy tab pro's speaker when playing games and videos. HELP!

krabbster

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
So i bought my wife a tablet for school. However we keep hearing this crackling sound/popping sound coming from the speaker when playing youtube videos, playing games such as jungle heat. It is really annoying because when we are watching videos we can hear the sound. If anyone could help us, I really appreciate it. This is the 3rd time we exchange this device but the result is still the same. I dont know if its just me. Thank You!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you hear that only over the main speaker, or also on wireless or Bluetooth headphones?

krabbster

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
its coming from the main speaker when playing vidoes and intense gaming. I dont know if its the software or the hardware making the sound. Its a popping sound. I mainly notice it when the sound is set to off and watching something or playing a game with sound. It's like the speakers are trying to play the sound but then just let out a slight buzz instead because the volume is off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But does it occur on headphones, either wired or Bluetooth? If it's only occurring on the main speaker, then the speaker itself might be blown.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what you're talking about--I've heard popping sounds on other devices before. But I'm not sure how to address it. Sorry! Hope you find a solution.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I had a simaler problem on my moto g the speakers wear messing up so in the sound options i changed the equalizer for all sounds to have less bass and more vocals and it fixed it

Posted via the Android Central App

krabbster

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab pro 12.2 I dont have any equalizer on my tablet. Can i download anything at the store and see if that fix it? Also, you mind sharing me your settings for your equalizer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not all devices have an equalizer feature--since yours doesn't come with one, then it's presumably pretty flat sound equalization, so I can't imagine that would lead to distortion.

If you still want to try, see if Music Volume EQ works. You could also try any of the Similar Apps listed.

krabbster

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
thanks for your help B. Diddy. Do you think they will fix this on the future updates? I replaced this product 3 times now and sent it to samsung repair and still doing the same problem. I just dont know whats going on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to suggest Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the popping goes away in Safe Mode, then you know that something you installed is the problem. The challenge is to find out which app. To get into Safe Mode, power down first, then press the Power button to turn the tablet on. As soon as you see the Samsung logo appear, press and hold Vol Down until the lockscreen appears. You should now be in Safe Mode. To get out of Safe Mode, reboot the device normally.

krabbster

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I will try that ASAP when i get home from work. Its prolly one of the apps that came with the device. Do you think it will be fix in the next update?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've tried a factory reset, right? If the problem persists after a factory reset, then that's when reflashing the stock ROM may be the only other thing to try. If the problem is with some corrupt part of the firmware, that won't necessarily fix itself with a factory reset--it might require actually replacing what's in the system with the fresh ROM.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem twice but it quickly stopped and hasn't happened since

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, Samsung Tab Pro 12.2, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, and HTC vivid

krabbster

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
@B.Diddy I am really really scared about flashing because i might brick it. I am not a techy guy and my knowledge in technology is very slim
@Coleman mine keeps doing to popping sound thru speaker and with headphones. Whenever i listen to music for example : Spotify I can hear static sound or popping sound. My tablet isnt equipped with an equalizer like yours. I have downloaded equalizer from playstore and it does not solve the problem. I am running out of choice :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21