I now seem to have two readings of the battery level etc on my status bar. One is like a shadow of the other but the readings can differ for both battery and clock readings. Can anyone offer an explanation of solution? Reboot did not help. Thanks in anticipation of any insights.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-29-2015 04:40 PM
    You might b running an app that puts the battery level on the status bar, and it's there in addition to the one that Android normally puts there. The same for the clock.

As for the differing readings, battery "state of charge" is a guess, based on the terminal voltage of the battery under load. Different apps (including Android itself) interpret different voltages as different percentages. Since there's no one-to-one correspondence between the two - voltage and SoC - any approximation that gets close at a few points is as correct as any other.

As for 2 times being different, it depends. If it's an integer number of hours (or half hour, depending on where in the world you are - some time zones vary by 30 minutes), you have a clock app showing another time zone. If it's a difference of minutes, it can be one clock showing internal time and the other one showing the tower time, if you don't have the time set to automatic. (Internal time is like a digital watch, but less stable, since it's normally being corrected constantly by the tower time which, being based on GPS time has a short- and long-term stability of less than 1 second.)
    01-29-2015 05:33 PM
    What third party software have you installed? Are you rooted and running xposed modules, for example?
    01-29-2015 05:34 PM
    Thanks for your insights. Will explore all the apps and see. I suspect I have something fundamentally wrong with hardware as I now see charge levels fall dramatically.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-29-2015 11:56 PM
    Meyerweb, I'm afraid my knowledge and skills don't extent that far. I may of course done something accidently!

Posted via Android Central App
    01-30-2015 12:00 AM