Clearing cache

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
My 12.2 has been acting a little quirky so I thought I would clear the cache. I powered off and held down the power button, home button and decrease volume button on bootup. It brings up a screen talking about using a custom os. The options are volume down to proceed or volume up to cancel. If I cancel, it proceeds with restarting. If I say proceed, a screen comes up saying os downloading, dont turn off tablet. I let it run like that for 5 hours while I was out, came home and the same screen was still displayed, no progress indicator. I held the power button done and it shut off. I dont know where this "os update" notification is coming from. I dont seem to be able to get into the bios anymore.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
You are in Download Mode. As long as there is no blue progress bar moving, it should be safe to turn off your device or remove the battery. I'm thinking your trying to go to Recovery Mode which is power button, home button, volume up, then you can clear the cache in there, but you should be able to do that in your settings, and you can't get into your bios anymore? Recovery Mode or Download Mode?

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
When I go power, home, volume up buttons, it it doesn't go to recovery mode. It just show the name of the device, screen goes dark, device name again, screen goes dark, etc. Once I let go of the buttons it just finishes booting.
In settings I didn't see any option anywhere to clear the cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting. Are you rooted? If not you should tell your carrier and see what they can do, also not every phone has the clear cache in the settings but mine is Settings>Storage> and tap on cache to clear.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted. I must have overlooked the Storage section. Found it deleted cache and now I was able to get back into recovery mode.

Thanks for the assistance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair