Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: $399? That's gotta be a typo ...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: $399? That's gotta be a typo ...

What about when you are on a plane? Outdoors? What do you do when you don't have a charger around? That is not a solution to the problem but a bandaid in some specific situations. I looked at the battery stats on my dads iPad Air and he is at 5 days of standby and 12 hours of usage with 19% battery left, this is with LTE data used during the day and WiFi in the evening.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't go on planes and I don't use my tablet outside.

I always have plenty of chargers around wherever and whenever I use my tablet.

Remember I was talking about me personally and my charging needs not those of specific situations.

I absolutely agree with you that for other people the rather short battery life might pose a problem and possibly even be a deal breaker.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Exactly what I came to post, granted I felt the G pad should have been $299 and realistically the tab pro should be $349 but spec wise its worth the price on paper. Certainly on par and better in many ways compared to the Ipad Mini which is the same price.

Will be interested to see how it reviews, Samsung better have made a lot of changes to the software and hopefully lets bloat especially to compete with the mini at the same price point.

The Samsung does come with 4.4 out the box and maybe a better hd screen but unless someone just loves Samsung, I don't see it being worth a lot more than the g pad, heck I don't think the g pad is worth $350. Helps that the g pad sells for $250-300 on Newegg all the time lol. I have GEL on my g pad and Nova launcher mimics kit kit well too.

Can't wait for more consumer reviews.

Last edited:

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site

The Samsung does come with 4.4 out the box and maybe a better hd screen but unless someone just loves Samsung, I don't see it being worth a lot more than the g pad, heck I don't think the g pad is worth $350. Helps that the g pad sells for $250-300 on Newegg all the time lol. I have GEL on my g pad and Nova launcher mimics kit kit well too.

Can't wait for more consumer reviews.

I had the G Pad, it was ok, but not great by any means. The LG software was really horrible. I had to put CM on it on day 1, but that led its own problems. The better screen, sound, and software from the Samsung are worth the money to me.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I had the G Pad, it was ok, but not great by any means. The LG software was really horrible. I had to put CM on it on day 1, but that led its own problems. The better screen, sound, and software from the Samsung are worth the money to me.

For sure. At the time the G Pad was better than the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and now the Pro is better (although $150 more). It's a cat and mouse game that never ends.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Its the equiv of $576 in the UK, why do Americans whine about the price when they always pay the least :-/

Posted via Android Central App

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

I think $399 is worth it for a 2560x1600 screen. Plus new touchwiz is actually not the worst ever anymore. Totally happy with my purchase.