10-22-2015 01:45 AM
69 123
tools
    Just got the case in today. I really like it. It's very solid in the hand and adds little thickness/bulk to the tablet. The tablet fits snugly; however the first time I clicked it in, the left edge didn't quite fit in. I had to reseat it and click the left side in first, then it fit perfectly.

The magnet keeps the lid closed well and the auto wake/sleep function works perfectly.

The case also works well as a stand. However I don't think the stand (i.e. folded-up cover) connects to the tablet magnetically. But it's still very solid and doesn't tip over, so no biggie.
    Does this case allow use of the IR port?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2014 11:17 PM
    Does this case allow use of the IR port?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
    Yes. There's a cutout for everything except the SD card slot.
    03-06-2014 06:11 AM
    Just got the case in today. I really like it. It's very solid in the hand and adds little thickness/bulk to the tablet. The tablet fits snugly; however the first time I clicked it in, the left edge didn't quite fit in. I had to reseat it and click the left side in first, then it fit perfectly.
    Good to know, I bought a similar smart cover for my Nexus 7 and it was creaky to the point where it returned to Amazon.
    03-06-2014 12:32 PM
    Good to know, I bought a similar smart cover for my Nexus 7 and it was creaky to the point where it returned to Amazon.
    Are you sure it wasn't the nexus itself creaking?
    03-06-2014 06:13 PM
    Are you sure it wasn't the nexus itself creaking?
    Nope, got a bad Moko case. Fit was not right from the beginning.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-06-2014 08:22 PM
    That Aerb sure looks decent, especially at the same price. I cant seem to find it on the CDN amazon but i did find this;
    http://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Samsung-G...cUvbUpU3500575

Looks pretty much the same thing.
    03-08-2014 11:01 PM
    That Aerb sure looks decent, especially at the same price. I cant seem to find it on the CDN amazon but i did find this;
    http://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Samsung-G...cUvbUpU3501022

Looks pretty much the same thing.
    Yes, that looks similar. Before the Aerb hit Amazon Prime, I looked at that one. I contacted the seller and they said it would take 15-18 days to arrive (to the U.S.). That was too long for me. Luckily the Aerb hit Prime and I got it in 2 days.
    03-09-2014 08:55 AM
    Yes, that looks similar. Before the Aerb hit Amazon Prime, I looked at that one. I contacted the seller and they said it would take 15-18 days to arrive (to the U.S.). That was too long for me. Luckily the Aerb hit Prime and I got it in 2 days.
    I bought the Samsung book cover, it's not as beefy as the 3rd party ones but they look really good and they don't add any thickness, plus it's a smart cover

Sent from the Galaxy TabPro 8.4 aboard the StarShip Enterprise
    03-19-2014 11:07 PM
    I like that 2nd one. Let me know how it goes if you do get it..

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app
    03-20-2014 07:45 PM
    I bought the Samsung book cover, it's not as beefy as the 3rd party ones but they look really good and they don't add any thickness, plus it's a smart cover

This is the one i want to get as well, but it appears that they dont ship to Canada (cant select via order form) nor does the CDN website have any info. Heck, the CDN website has zero info about these new tablets... ugh.
    03-22-2014 05:34 PM
    This is the one i want to get as well, but it appears that they dont ship to Canada (cant select via order form) nor does the CDN website have any info. Heck, the CDN website has zero info about these new tablets... ugh.
    Hmm, I got mine from bestbuy, they had to order it and it shipped to me. have you tried there? If not check and see if they ship there, you should call them.

03-22-2014 05:40 PM
    ive been waiting since last thursday for my perks, this is what i was told today...

Galaxy Perks Support 1
    8:34 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
    Hello Daniel,

I apologize as I do not have an update on this yet. I have sent this to our reporting department to find out what happened. As soon as I have any information I will let you know. If you have any questions or concerns about your Perks please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rose H. | Samsung Electronics America | Galaxy Perks Coordinator
    At least you guys in the US get perks, the rest of us get nothing

03-22-2014 07:40 PM
    Hmm, I got mine from bestbuy, they had to order it and it shipped to me. have you tried there? If not check and see if they ship there, you should call them.

Canadian Bestbuy? Cant see anything on their site for the 8.4, just stuff for all their older stuff. The only CDN site i can find is from NCIX, which it says "back ordered - NA". Frustrating, launching accessories, in quantity, at the same time as the product should be essential
    03-23-2014 09:18 AM
    Yeah.... I only just today got the perks today, been waiting since Feb 14th, don't even own the tab anymore lol

03-24-2014 09:36 PM
    I bought the 7-inch version of this AYL case for a different tablet but it does fit the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, but just barely. I like this case because it is well padded, works well as a stand and has a pocket for a USB charger. It only costs $5.99.

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?-dsc02740.jpg

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?-dsc02741.jpg

Amazon.com: SALE 75% Off - AYL Padded Neoprene 7 Inch Tablet Zip Sleeve Case Cover with Built-in Landscape / Portrait Viewing Stand - Black / Blue: Computers & Accessories
    Elijah Black likes this.
    03-25-2014 12:45 PM
    Canadian Bestbuy? Cant see anything on their site for the 8.4, just stuff for all their older stuff. The only CDN site i can find is from NCIX, which it says "back ordered - NA". Frustrating, launching accessories, in quantity, at the same time as the product should be essential
    OK I did some research, and there's a few different options for you Pokaroo.
    1st: Go to US store and get or order one and then when it come in, go back and pick it up there.
    2st: Have someone in US order one for you, then when they receive it, then they ship it to you.
    3rd:Just hold out till you can find a place to ship you one.

Have you tried calling samsung, not sure if they ship to Canada but it's worth finding out.

03-25-2014 02:48 PM
    OK I did some research, and there's a few different options for you Pokaroo.
    1st: Go to US store and get or order one and then when it come in, go back and pick it up there.
    2st: Have someone in US order one for you, then when they receive it, then they ship it to you.
    3rd:Just hold out till you can find a place to ship you one.

Have you tried calling samsung, not sure if they ship to Canada but it's worth finding out.

Thanks for your input, looks like bestbuy here in Canada are finally selling them, little stock mind you. Even tho the description says white it shows it in black lol
    03-26-2014 03:38 PM
    Thanks for your input, looks like bestbuy here in Canada are finally selling them, little stock mind you. Even tho the description says white it shows it in black lol
    cool, at least you can get them now. The Samsung cases don't really offer to much protection other than covering, but it stylish and it's a smart cover.

I'm not in the habit of dropping things such tech so no worries lol

03-26-2014 04:49 PM
    Still no official book case in the UK, spoke to Samsung but they had no news
    03-26-2014 05:54 PM
    I don't know why these company's make these and never get out the accessories at the same time.
    It's not like there making this crap themselves

03-26-2014 08:39 PM
    I just got the Supcase last night. Pretty nice. Snapped in snugly, smart cover, feels like good quality. The only thing is that the case is not magnetic, but it has the elastic strap that you can wrap around the case to seal it. I like it.
    03-27-2014 09:10 AM
    I just got the Supcase last night. Pretty nice. Snapped in snugly, smart cover, feels like good quality. The only thing is that the case is not magnetic, but it has the elastic strap that you can wrap around the case to seal it. I like it.
    That's a nice case, congrats. The Samsung book cover does not magnetically stick to the tab to keep it shut due to the edge of tablet not being wide enough.

I almost took it back because of this but I didnt, other than that it's a good cover so I kept it.

mostlywords likes this.
    03-27-2014 11:23 AM
    I bought the 7-inch version of this AYL case for a different tablet but it does fit the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, but just barely. I like this case because it is well padded, works well as a stand and has a pocket for a USB charger. It only costs $5.99.
    Thank you, it was just what I was looking for! It's not available on Amazon anymore but I found it on the AYL website
    03-10-2015 05:34 AM
    If it helps I bought the Pellem case off Amazon. I really like it, it has a magnet that wakes the tablet when you open it and offers good protection. Best of all its pretty cheap. Here's the link :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IIHNVF8...cUvbUpU4286416

Posted via the Android Central App
    Lefty Drummer and AnciusD like this.
    03-15-2015 02:46 PM
    If it helps I bought the Pellem case off Amazon. I really like it, it has a magnet that wakes the tablet when you open it and offers good protection. Best of all its pretty cheap. Here's the link :

Posted via the Android Central App
    Is there any danger of the magnet scratching the screen?
    03-17-2015 10:47 AM
69 123