Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Are there any cases available for purchase/pre-order yet? The only one I've found is the official Samsung book case, but they don't show any retailers selling it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cases?

Well Samsung just emailed me saying the case is backordered, even though it was "in stock" when I ordered it. :-(

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Well Samsung just emailed me saying the case is backordered, even though it was "in stock" when I ordered it. :-(

After I got the "backordered" email I went online and indeed it showed the item as "backordered". But then yesterday I went online and the item showed "1-3 day shipping" again. So I checked the online order status and it said "boxed shipment" which seemed to imply that mine was being prepped for shipping. I just called customer service and she thinks that's probably true and it'll probably go out next week.

However it is a bit distressing that she couldn't tell me definitively what the actual status of my order was. I really don't think I'll be shopping with Samsung.com again. They don't seem to have their order system in order (excuse the pun).

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

The whole website has problems.

Definitely. When I first submitted the order, it gave me an error message after submitting the order. The order history had no record of my order, but then I finally got the order confirmation email.

Also the site sometimes errors out when you try to log in. Definitely a buggy site.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Definitely. When I first submitted the order, it gave me an error message after submitting the order. The order history had no record of my order, but then I finally got the order confirmation email.

Also the site sometimes errors out when you try to log in. Definitely a buggy site.

Try registering (some) devices. Glad it's not only me who feels this way. I was worried I was gonna get the "what do you mean" response to that.
you would think being the huge technology company that they are they would have a superior site when compared to most.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Try registering (some) devices. Glad it's not only me who feels this way. I was worried I was gonna get the "what do you mean" response to that.
you would think being the huge technology company that they are they would have a superior site when compared to most.

I registered my tablet. That actually went smoothly.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I registered my tablet. That actually went smoothly.

You either got lucky or maybe they have fixed the registration process.

I had problems with serial number recognition on several devices in the past when registering. I have also seen devices that were not even in the selection menu to register as if they didn't even exist.

overall it is (or at least used to be) a crap shoot when registering a device.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

You either got lucky or maybe they have fixed the registration process.

I had problems with serial number recognition on several devices in the past when registering. I have also seen devices that were not even in the selection menu to register as if they didn't even exist.

overall it is (or at least used to be) a crap shoot when registering a device.

ive been waiting since last thursday for my perks, this is what i was told today...

Galaxy Perks Support 1
8:34 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
Hello Daniel,

I apologize as I do not have an update on this yet. I have sent this to our reporting department to find out what happened. As soon as I have any information I will let you know. If you have any questions or concerns about your Perks please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rose H. | Samsung Electronics America | Galaxy Perks Coordinator

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the perks registration hasn't worked for me. Never got the email with the perks codes. I messaged Samsung support on Facebook and I guess they're looking into it.

The only perk I really care about is the $25 Google Play credit.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

ive been waiting since last thursday for my perks, this is what i was told today...

Galaxy Perks Support 1
8:34 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
Hello Daniel,

I apologize as I do not have an update on this yet. I have sent this to our reporting department to find out what happened. As soon as I have any information I will let you know. If you have any questions or concerns about your Perks please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rose H. | Samsung Electronics America | Galaxy Perks Coordinator

Yeah the perks registration hasn't worked for me. Never got the email with the perks codes. I messaged Samsung support on Facebook and I guess they're looking into it.

The only perk I really care about is the $25 Google Play credit.

The ironic thing is the ONE thing that did go smoothly for me was the perks redemption process when I got my tab 3 8.0.

Filled out the info, they emailed me the perks within minutes., no problem.

I guess even thats become a big ordeal now.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

For those with Perks issues, did you actually sign in with your Samsung account at setup? I did that and it works.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I decided to cancel my Samsung.com book case order. I called on Sunday and they said they were getting a shipment in on Monday (yesterday) and my case should ship out then. Of course it didn't ship out, so I called today and now they're saying the next shipment is due on 3/11, but there's no guarantee I'll even get one from that shipment.

So I'm checking out some other cases on Amazon. The one that's caught my eye is the IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HLM7J3Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=10FFJWGKR69Q5MKAQAPQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846). However the seller site says 17-28 business day deliveries.

Has anyone ordered one of these cases from this seller? Is it really 17-28 business days?

Are there any other cases that people have tried out and like? If so, what are they?