Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: screen protectors?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck finding screen protectors for this beauty? I think I like ghost armor better than invisible shield and I use to be a major invisible shield user. Hate to see even the tiniest scratch show up on the screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: screen protectors?

I just purchased and received a screen protector from Amazon. Its called the "Mr. Shield Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Inch Premium Clear". I highly recommend it. It doesn't desensitize the screen at all. Best part, its only $6.95.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Link? Is it pretty thick like the zagg invisible shield or thin like ghost armor? I bought a stylus to use with it so i imagine a thick screen protector will probably make it hard to use due to friction. not sure though.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I try to go with tempered glass whenever I can. With that said, my beloved Samsung 10.1 2014 was stolen last week. Since I travel 90% of the time on two wheels, size is important. The 10.1 2014 was beautiful, however, it was a tad big, and a tad heavy.. Now, the 8.4 doesn't have the 3gb RAM, and the pen, but other things it has, and a decrease in size should be a winner.. The 8.4 is on sale at BestBuy for $349.99..
I had Temp Glass on my 10.1, and on my Note 3. The 8.4 will be no different. There aren't many choices out there. I order a temp glass protector off Ebay for $16.99, and I ordered some other ones off Ebay, but US seller for $7.19 to keep my 8.4 protected while I wait for the tempered glass screen to arrive..

Here are the linke
Temp glass
Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Tab PRO8 4 T320 T321 T325 | eBay

Regular screen protector
Xshields 2 Pack Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8 4" Ultra Clear | eBay

The two cases I ordered for it.. (basically the same I had for the 10.1 2014)

For Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 2014 Models Rugged Armor Impact Case Cover Stylus Pen | eBay

P7 Black Soft Sleeve Bag Pouch Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8 4" T320 | eBay

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I am not using any screen protector and been naked for more than a month now. Still looks good. My 2 year old tablet was never with the screen protector and still scratch free. All I get is the case with the flip cover. Seems like that is all you need.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Currently using an Armor shield or something like that. It was a wet install I ordered when I bought my tab. It's been ok. Typical for this type it feels a little sticky and shows every mark and finger prints.

I just ordered on of the glass protectors off of eBay. Here's hoping they are good. I swear by them on my phones now. I used to be very anti screen protector. Until a week into owning my S4 I got a small scratch on the screen from sand while on vacation. I'll never keep a screen naked again. I can't stand even little scratches on my screens, it bugs the hell out of me.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Trankster

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not using any screen protector and been naked for more than a month now. Still looks good. My 2 year old tablet was never with the screen protector and still scratch free. All I get is the case with the flip cover. Seems like that is all you need.

+1 Never used a screen protector on a tablet (this is my 5th tablet) and never had a problem with normal daily use. I wipe it down with a microfiber cloth to keep it clean. I also use a flip cover.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

have you received the tempered glass protector yet? if so does it seem to be of a high quality?

No, not yet. My case came yesterday, and I pick my Tab Pro 8.4 up tomorrow. I have a 2 pack screen regular screen protector coming, I will use them until the tempered glass gets here.
As far as quality goes, I have a Note 3, and I ordered the Spigen Tempered Glass for $34 way back in Oct 2013. When I put the Spigen Tempered Glass on my Note 3, it wouldn't stick. Might have been a defective one, but I got a refund. I ordered a Tempered Glass for my Note 3 off Ebay for $7.50 shipped. They were so cheap, I ordered a spare. Haven't had the need to use the spare, and I have dropped my Note 3 no less that 8 time since Oct 2013, and nary a scratch on it.
When I got my Note 10.1, I also ordered a Temp Glass off Ebay for $17, that worked perfectly on the 10.1. So, going with the Tab Pro 8.4, I am going with what works for me. Plus, on the 10.1 2014, with the $17 Tempered Glass of Ebay, it was perfect in looks and function..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Currently using an Armor shield or something like that. It was a wet install I ordered when I bought my tab. It's been ok. Typical for this type it feels a little sticky and shows every mark and finger prints.

I just ordered on of the glass protectors off of eBay. Here's hoping they are good. I swear by them on my phones now. I used to be very anti screen protector. Until a week into owning my S4 I got a small scratch on the screen from sand while on vacation. I'll never keep a screen naked again. I can't stand even little scratches on my screens, it bugs the hell out of me.

I am right there with you.. My Note 3, with $7.50 Tempered Glass off Ebay is like it is brand new. Plus, I have dropped my Note 3 about 8 times, it is scratchless. One time, I had my Note 10.1(temp glass), and the Note 3, all on a table about 4 feet high, I had earphones in one of them, I got up and the whole shabang fell to the floor. Not a scratch on either one.
I will proudly post a picture of my Tab Pro when I get the glass and case on it..

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I put the Tempered Glass on yesterday. It took a little over a week to get here from China, which isn't too bad. Putting it on was a little tough, because of the size of the screen. I had a few bubbles that I needed to work out at first. But all in all, I like how it feels much better than the plastic I had on before.

Of note though. It seems this protector is a multi use cover as it has a cut out on the top edge that doesn't really belong on the gtab 8.4... Still fits great, just a random speaker cut out at the top...

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a tempered glass protector on Ebay for $16 shipped (from China of course). Hopefully it is good enough quality. I bought one for my Galaxy S3, $2 and change, and the edges don't adhere to my phone screen so it looks like it is lifting up on the left and right edges.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today for Tab Pro 8.4. Again, same problem as the phone tempered glass one. The corners have a slight problem with adhering to the device and it lifts up a little bit. When I put pressure on it, it goes against the screen and then lifts up again.

Crappy glue design.

Steve1163

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I like all the others on this thread have had limited success finding a good choice of protectors for the Tab Pro 8.4. You can get them but they are thin on the ground? I was wondering about another little issue with the screen protectors....my model says in the settings it is a T320, that seems clear enough but I am puzzled about why a bunch of screen protectors I received from Ebay have a speaker cutout in the top when mine is a WIFI only version and has no speaker, on searching harder it seems there are no protectors available that come without a top speaker cutout. Are you or any other forum readers able to shed any light on this please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca