Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: battery life was awesome right out the box...

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I first got it out the box, I charged it when it got low and it lasted me a whole 2 days before I had to charge it again last evening. Now after the 2nd charge, battery level was not as great as the first day. How's your battery life?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Now if I can figure out how to attach a screenshot picture to this post on this tablet, I'll post asap. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: battery life was awesome right out the box...

For me it was the opposite. Battery life wasn't great the first day, but now it's good.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

How much screen on time are you guys getting?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I've been using it quite a bit and have my brightness at 50%.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Mine has been going back and forth. I've only charged it maybe four times but it seems that one charge lasts longer than another. I think it will level out after a few more cycles. Maybe 10-15 total. For me thats about a month away.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

PS. Do you all wait until it zeroes out and dies completely or when the battery bar turns yellow (usually around 18%) before you all charge it up?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

PS. Do you all wait until it zeroes out and dies completely or when the battery bar turns yellow (usually around 18%) before you all charge it up?

Any device I try to recharge at about 30% left.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Any device I try to recharge at about 30% left.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Same here. Except when I know I'm going to get more than 7 hours of screen time. I just do it to get screenshots lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Looks like battery life is all over the place for now until everyone has had it long enough. Can anyone tell me if the tablet has vibration alerts or haptic feedback? thanks

Last edited:

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I just charge whenever. I figure now a days manufactures kind of dummy proof batteries, there not like they used to be. After all majority of the public have no logic behind their charging and discharging of batteries. Companies have to plan for that.

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

I was getting roughly 6hrs in the first few days but i think it was because of the heavy use of downloading, installing, copying movies and music...etc, but since getting set in my daily routine this is my typical outcome.

I dont use the auto screen brightness as i find its too aggressive with the dimming, so i just set it to roughly 10%. Give or take pending room.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Try using the app Lux for auto brightness. It works so much better than stock! I'm using it on this and my phone now.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk