Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Help!! Not responding to charging

bumblebeesarefuzzy

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yup -- after buying a galaxy tab in Jan. 2013 and accidentally letting the battery get too low, mine also wouldn't turn on. Just kept showing the battery charging symbol for days. Shipped it to Samsung, as it was still under warranty, they "fixed it" and shipped it back. Worked fine for months until yesterday I didn't realize the charger wasn't plugged in all the way and now the same thing has happened again (and warranty is up). I'm giving up and getting an iPad.

pamigramster

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Have Galaxy tab 2 .. rooted .. was clearing the battery stats in advanced mode in recovery mode and hit the power button by mistake , unit never turned on again ,,, replaces the battery , nothing replaced the charging cord nothing ..... cold as ice to the touch ... kies doesnt recognize it .... what can I do ... out of warrenty ... have openned the case several times , have un plugged and replugged every connection ......

Thanks

koolvankleef

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
So it seems my Tab Pro 8.4 has the same problem. After some overnight use by my child. It now will not charge at all.
I have tried exceptional long mains and trickle charges, all the various combinations of resets and even the unplugging the battery connection fix that apparently worked on the Tab 3.
My major issue is that in my desperation for the LTE model, still unreleased in Britain, I bought an import model which of course comes with no guarantee.
So in my mind the most likely issue is the battery is dead. Which leaves two options; I do know most dead batteries can be restored by a special form of charging, similar to the lead mentioned above. However tried to find the details of how to do this and also the wiring of the five or six leads that access the battery is information I have not found. It would be really good to test the output of the battery as well to confirm this.
Failing that of course is replacing the Battery but again as it is reletively new product I have not seen the Battery available any ideas.
My other possibility for the fault is off course that the charging port and circuitry has failed but again testing this would be very diffcult without any technical data.

Any help would be gratefully received.

JohnMiller2013

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had this issue with several tablets and one phone (when the battery drained all the way down to 0).

The solution has always been to plug the unit into a working wall charger, and let it sit. Sometimes for days. Eventually, it turns on when pressing and holding on the power button.

On my Nexus 10 tablet, I had to do something a little fancier to get it to turn back on though (pressing the volume rocker and power button at the same time, to put the device in a special state).

Just to be sure we're understanding, keep in mind that when you tap the power button, your device is not "off"; it is in standby, draining battery. To truly turn it off, you have to press and hold the power button to get a prompt to turn off your device.

Lisa Jordan

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM: I had the same problem, weeks ago I downloaded MapQuest and over the last few weeks or so the same problem and it kept getting even worse. The past to days it would not charge and it kept restarting itself over and over, I could not keep it turned on. I went to Best Buy yesterday and he had no idea why, he suggested that I restore to factory settings. Well I was about to do that, so I wrote down eveything that I had down loaded and while I was doing that I decided to delete MapQuest and after I did that, the battery jumped from 22% to 55%, so I decided to turn off the wifi and played a game of solitaire, went back to check the battery (approx 2 min later) and behold it was at 100%!!! I would do a screen shot almost every time that I was having a problem and several times it would show that GPS was on, which it wasn't. Makes sense since it had to of been a MapQuest issue, hope this info helps....

Bill Zacharias

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
My usb charge port quit working on my 8.4 galaxy; I took it to best buy and they told me that I plugged usb in wrong and caused the damage, and that it was my problem. Very Rude, very Disappointing, I spent $4000 at BestBuy in the last year. The Geek Squad member said, "that if I would have spent more and bought a service plan that I wouldn't have this problem. I asked about Manufacturer warranty and employee stated that I was out of luck. The tablet is in new condition, it was pu in an Otter Box the day I bought it.

peterpwho

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue after 6 months. It charged to 35%-45% only even I tried to charge it for a day. I thought it may be the cable or the charger. I have tried with another from my Samsung S4 phone usb cable without any improvement. I went to the Samsung Smart Service center in 125 Oxford Street London yesterday. They would have taken it in but said that the data could be erased. They advised me to back it up first and bring it back the next day. Well, I was doing the back up last night and realised that the device storage was closed to full (500MB left). So, I did some clean up and removed some apps, games etc. and now I have about 2GB free in the device storage. I tried to charge it again just before I went to bed and this morning to my surprise, 100% charged !!
So, could this be the software? I haven't done much on the hardware. I was still using the same cable and charge come with the tab pro.

LeoVBrown

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem about 3 weeks ago and I was able to get it to come on by holding the on/off button down for approximately 1 minute (maybe longer). Hope this helps

tomiobi

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't know who you are but I pray that a squadron of young, gorgeous vaginas find you by nightfall. YOU ARE A SAINT!!! My Tab Pro crapped out on me and wouldn't turn on for weeks and I had bunch of eBooks on it that I needed for my final papers. I got it to work after holding the power button for 1 minute while plugged in.

Stephen Wicklund

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver, that worked for me. (holding it down for ~30 seconds)

In my case, it actually wasn't the battery; instead, there was an app that kept black screening (RPG IRUNA Online MMORPG, on CyanogenMod 12.1), and I kept trying to launch it anyway (in case it just was really slow or something). The last time I tried it, the screen went black suddenly! I thought it just shut off, but was horrified when it didn't even show the boot screen!

I've been searching frantically the last few minutes, and found the fix here on a thread about Tab Pro battery problems. Thanks again! You may have saved someone a $215 tablet investment (I rooted it so I don't think the warranty would be usable anymore) (and I've only had it 1 week!).

m nystrom

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy 8.4 batteries failing after only three months that charger will not keep up with a loss so my brand new Samsung tablet is dead online company that bought it from refuses to help

BigMcGuire

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you - this helped me with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I installed Cyanogenmod 13 on it, wiped out the battery stats after charging to 100% and let it drain till it went off. After half a day on power and getting no response from the tablet, I was not happy. Some googling and got here - yep - held down the power for a good 30+ seconds and it came on. Thank you.

vacaloca

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for the solution of holding power button for ~30 seconds after it was plugged in to charger. Powered on to 0% charged and started charging again. Thanks!