Short Review: Exact Buckler Multi-Angle case for the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking around at cases for the 8.4 and the sheer number is few and far between at this point. I'm not a fan of Belkin's $50 option and had a bad experience with the smart cover on a Nexus 7 so I chose the Exact Buckler Amazon.com : Exact Buckler Series Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro TabPRO 8.4 Black : Computers & Accessories .

For $15 shipped (Ordered Saturday night and was at my door on Wednesday from CA to MA), I cannot complain. I've used this type of case in the past so I pretty much knew what I was getting. The case has that "pleather" smell to it that most cheap cases have. It's by no means overwhelming and should wear over time. The case is well made with a textured finish that feels good in-hand. The "claws" that hold the tablet in place are strong but I wouldn't try swinging it around. You can bend them if needed so getting the tablet out of the case is a non issue. A stylus loop and one-hand strap is included but I have no plans for either. All ports are accessible as is the IR Remote. The two viewing angles work well. The first is more for straight ahead viewing while the second for looking downward if you were reading in bed, etc.. The case does not turn the screen on/off when opening and closing.

py9ehara.jpg

de2y3upy.jpg

hy7ude5y.jpg

memejehu.jpg

4asabe9u.jpg

e9aherud.jpg

ady8y8yr.jpg

ebybuve6.jpg
4urapute.jpg

qesyveru.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jwwilker

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Short Review : Exact Buckler Multi-Angle case for the 8.4 PRO

Thanks for the review! Does the case put the tablet to sleep/wake it up when you close the cover?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Short Review : Exact Buckler Multi-Angle case for the 8.4 PRO

Just got my Exact case today and been waiting for it for almost a month and wasn't too Impressed with the overall quality of it. You can tell it's a cheap Chinese knockoff but that was what I was expecting. Flimsy. I had a note 8.0 case that was the same style as this one (might even be the same brand) and it felt more durable, better put together that this one. It also woke it up upon opening the cover. The strap on the back to hold the cover in place is loose as well. That is my 2 cents on this but for what I paid for it, I can live.

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Exact case today and been waiting for it for almost a month and wasn't too Impressed with the overall quality of it. You can tell it's a cheap Chinese knockoff but that was what I was expecting. Flimsy. I had a note 8.0 case that was the same style as this one (might even be the same brand) and it felt more durable, better put together that this one. It also woke it up upon opening the cover. The strap on the back to hold the cover in place is loose as well. That is my 2 cents on this but for what I paid for it, I can live.

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah many of these cases are a crap shoot until you actually have it in hand. The case has it's flaws but I would rather buy a couple of decent cases than spend $50 on a so called premium case like the one Belkin is pushing.

Posted from Moto X via Android Central App

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my case if anyone's interested. Decided I think i will go with the pro 12.2. Message me if interested.

Last edited: