Any Reason Not to Buy?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm currently using the Asus 300, which is the laggiest P.O.S. device I've ever used, so clearly I'm in the market for a new tablet. I've read through the posts in this forum as well as multiple reviews, and from what I've read, most people have had a positive experience so far. But before I run out and get one, is there anything I need to be aware of that might sway me from my decision? Thanks!

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any qualms with my Tab Pro 8.4. Speakers are good, but both being on one side (and on the edge), the sound distinction isn't the best. I purchased a bluetooth stereo speaker to take care of it, and works well.

fcolliga

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought this tab on Saturday and I absolutely love it. As with most Android devices, the use of Flash Player is a problem, especially on Kit Kat. There is a hack that will get Flash working under Kit Kat (when used with Dolphin browser) on most web sites. However, I have found that it does not work with the Amazon Instant Video site, of which I am a member. That is very disappointing for me and was almost a deal breaker. Fortunately, I mostly watch Amazon videos on my Roku 3, displayed on my TV.

Other than this, and less battery life than my iPad 3 (7 to 8 hours continuous use vs. 9 to 10 for the iPad), I think it is a premium product. The screen is absolutely wonderful and the 8.4" form factor makes it more comfortable for long term use.

Good luck!

Frank

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that the stock web browser will freeze up on some sites. I had to disable javascript to get the pages to load properly and prevent freezing. Chrome works fine except it is a bit slower than the Samsung browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae