USB on-the-go

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the Galaxy Pro 8.4 support USB on-the-go? There is a cable available from Amazon that reportedly works with the Samsung Galaxy s3 phone. If the tablet supports it, the same cable should work.

Posted via my Samsung Apple killer

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I just took a gamble of $60 for a 128 gigabyte thumb drive, half the price of a 128 gigabyte micro SD card. I had enough room to back up all of my data to the thing, and now have access to everything from either my tablet or my phone. USB on-the-go rocks!

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy iPhone killer

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a USB OTG cable from when I had a HTC EVO, which never really worked on that phone. The cable works flawlessly on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I tested it using a 16GB USB Flash Drive and a USB-powered 250GB 2.5" hard drive, and there was enough power supplied to browse and run videos. I haven't tested it extensively if it cuts out after a while or whatever, but from my usage, it seemed to work great.

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a USB OTG cable from when I had a HTC EVO, which never really worked on that phone. The cable works flawlessly on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I tested it using a 16GB USB Flash Drive and a USB-powered 250GB 2.5" hard drive, and there was enough power supplied to browse and run videos. I haven't tested it extensively if it cuts out after a while or whatever, but from my usage, it seemed to work great.

Is your drive formatted FAT32? When I plugged in an 8 GB thumb drive I had formatted NTFS the tablet would not see it. My portable drive is NTSF. I haven't tried it, but dont think it would work.

elektrobix

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered one of these from amazon, do you know if you can plug in a game controller with it on the tab?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered one of these from amazon, do you know if you can plug in a game controller with it on the tab?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't have a game controller to try. I did however successfully use a USB keyboard.

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
My tablet has 16 gigs of internal storage. I have installed a 64 gigabyte micro SD card. The 128 GB thumb drive contains all of my data files from my computer's hard drive and since there was still space left over I added even more video.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The USB OTG cable also works with my 500gb Toshiba portable drive. I use it to watch movies.

azyta8y7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Simacca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
The main reason I purchased this was to play movies / TV episodes through a USB stick. I have noticed that the colours are slightly over saturated and seeing as Samsung removed the option to change the screen colours I was wandering if anyone can recommend an app to adjust it? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk