Is it possible to delete widget screen?

Arielove2010

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Bought the new tab pro 8.4 for my wife and am setting it up. She doesn't like the widget page that comes automatically on the tablet. I know we can customize it but she'd prefer it just be gone. Help!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt you can get rid of that page without rooting the device and flashing a custom ROM. Just curious, though--why exactly is it so bothersome? Doesn't it only come up when you access it? Wouldn't it otherwise be out of sight, out of mind?

elektrobix

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I tried getting rid but it won't last me delete the last widget that would remove the screen so I just installed apex launcher.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if you download another launcher (Nova, Google Now, Apex) you can put any widget you want on the home screen

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, download Nova and not only will you get rid of the annoying and useless widget page but you'll also fall in love with your tab all over again!

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Where can I find the Google Now Launcher at? Dont see it on the play store

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

sunkim4442

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt you can get rid of that page without rooting the device and flashing a custom ROM. Just curious, though--why exactly is it so bothersome? Doesn't it only come up when you access it? Wouldn't it otherwise be out of sight, out of mind?

Just like when you close your bedroom door behind which you left a huge mess. Out of sight, out of mind, right?
Some of us like organizing. And the widget thing is just a purposeless mess.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some of us like organizing.

Fair enough. I like organizing things, too--I organize my homescreen, since that's the most front-facing part of the interface, and is what I see day in and day out. I see the widget screen maybe once every month or two--but I understand that everyone's different!

Gobucks1234

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I installed the aftermarket S Launcher on google play and that fixed the problem perfectly. That permanent home panel "widget" screen was an epic fail. Samsung should have removed it before shipping the tablet. I couldn't even put widgets on that panel.

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I've installed the Google Now launcher to get rid of the magazine screen.
I've disabled cards in Google Now so I only have 1 home screen.That's how I like it.
I've found the installed weather/clock widget doesn't display properly now so am trying various other weather/clock apps from the app store

luck-ee13

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this is how:

1. Press and hold down on the home screen until three icons appear on the bottom of the screen. They should be Wallpapers, Home Screen Settings and Widgets.

2. Select "Home Screen Settings".

3. It should read "Content Home Screen". Simply uncheck the box. Return to your home page and that annoying widget page should be gone.

Hope this helps,

Lucky.

onalandline

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this is how:

1. Press and hold down on the home screen until three icons appear on the bottom of the screen. They should be Wallpapers, Home Screen Settings and Widgets.

3. It should read "Content Home Screen". Simply uncheck the box. Return to your home page and that annoying widget page should be gone.

Hope this helps,

Lucky.
The only icons at the bottom of the screen are Widgets and Layout, neither of which let me get rid of the widget/magazine home page. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vennu Nair

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this is how:

Hope this helps,

Lucky.

Tq vry much