How to Change My Google Account Info on my Tab Pro

Jwilock

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
When I first got my Galaxy Tab Pro I set up my Google account. Since then I've changed my google id and password. But I can't figure out how to change the way it's set up on my tablet. On my Galaxy phone it let me delete the Google account. So I just deleted the old one and then added it back with the new id and password. But I see no option on my tablet to delete the Google account I originally set up, or any option to change the id and password it uses. This is so simple and yet so frustrating that I can't figure out how to do that. Can someone help please?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
uju6ydur.jpg

3uda9usa.jpg

yju2y6e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Jwilock

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this is why I have a problem. When I click on the Google account, and then on my account name I get the screen (sort of) your picture shows. I have the whole list of synch activities, and across the top I have the Connections, Device, Controls, General choices. I do NOT have the other line you show right above that with the "settings wheel", Remove Account, or Synch Now. I just noticed one other difference. On the screen that lists the accounts I do not have the Cancel Synch choice you show on the right. Mine shows the "magnifying glass" and the "three vertical dots" icons. RIght below the account name it also says "sync error" - I'm guessing because I changed my tab pro doesn't know the correct password for the google account (and even if I did know it, i don't know where to enter it - i've never entered on the tab pro since the original setup).

erich256

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I just figured out that if I un-check all the synchronization check boxes (mail, calendar, etc. ), THEN the "remove account" button will appear. I removed account, added a new one with the correct credentials and everything was fine.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
There's an app that comes with your Tab Pro called Google Settings. You should be able to use that to reset your password.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith