Over-sensitive screen - Tab Pro 8.4

WatchFan1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this?
Sometimes I just want to select an icon for an app and move it
around the desktop and instead - it opens the app immediately.

Another example:
I would select 'General' => 'Application manager' => 'All'

It would take me forever to scroll through all the apps. Very often as I would
touch the bottom of the screen to 'scroll up' - instead of scrolling up,
the app I would touch (even ever so lightly) would get selected.

Is there a 3rd party app that can calibrate this (without rooting the device?)
Anyone else things that the screen is a bit more sensitive than usual ?

I have owned numerous tablets (samsung and other brands and I have never
experience screen this sensitive)

WatchFan1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for posting that link. I actually found it as I was doing my research. The reason why I posted here after reading it was that the app did not do anything for me. (At least nothing that I could actually notice.) The suggestion was to increase the sensitivity from the default position of 40 to 45-50. That did not make sense to me. Wouldn't that actually make the issue worse? But I tried it anyway.

Nevertheless, I could not see any difference when I moved the sensitivity from 40 to 50 and my problems of selecting something while just scrolling persist. Therefore I moved the slider back to 40. Who knows - maybe the lack of effect of this 3rd party app that other rave about is caused by me running NOVA launcher? Some guys have apparently bigger problem and this issue makes their tablet very frustrating to use. In my case it is only when I scroll through a LONG list of items or if I am trying to move apps around my desktop, (which frankly is not too often). I have the tablet for just for two days. I am pretty much done organizing desktop/pages layout so my only problem will be only with extensive scrolling. I hope that over time I can also accommodate 'my touches' and the problem will not be as bothersome.

WatchFan1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Reporting a very moderate improvement after installing a screen protector.
While I have a screen protector on every phone, I actually to not like them
on my tablets at all. However, after I read on other forum that this helps with
the over-sensitive screen issue, I gave it a try,

Indeed, things got better ! Not perfect - but noticeably better.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Reporting a very moderate improvement after installing a screen protector.
While I have a screen protector on every phone, I actually to not like them
on my tablets at all. However, after I read on other forum that this helps with
the over-sensitive screen issue, I gave it a try,

Indeed, things got better ! Not perfect - but noticeably better.

Also different brands/types of screen protectors will have varying amounts of effect on the sensitivity of the screen.

WatchFan1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Also different brands/types of screen protectors will have varying amounts of effect on the sensitivity of the screen.

That is very true. Just a few minutes ago I installed the matte version and the difference is much bigger (in a positive way). The sensitivity is further decreased when I would say it is VERY close to my problem-free experience with my previous Notw10.1, Note 8, Nook HD+ and others.

I bought 3 of them on ebay for only $5.
3x Anti-Glare Matte LCD Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

3X Anti Glare Matte LCD Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8 4 | eBay

$_57.JPG

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem, the screen was driving me crazy on my 8.4. I spent a couple hours online with Samsung tech and after all the normal resets and b.s that didn't work I sent it back to their repair facility in Texas. I sent it out April 24th and got it back May 8th. The repair order says "S/W update (external factor)". I haven't called to see exactly what was done but there is improvement in the sensitivity. Not totally sure yet. I had a Tab 3 8.0 before this and LOVED it so much that I thought jumping to the Pro 8.4 would be even that much better. But it wasn't, I should of just stayed with the Tab 3. I surf the Web a bit, nothing crazy, so I don't need a power house but really bought it for the screen that I was hearing so much about. But the screen doesn't even blow me away. Although after looking at the S5's super amoled screen all day, it's hard to compete with the punch of those. I'm gonna throw a glass screen protector on and see if that helps.

WatchFan1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I think glass protector with its greater thickness could be even better.
However, I am afraid to spend $15 or $20 and get bubbles or dust during install
which is more likely (vs. phone) since the screen is so much bigger.
I figured $5 for 3 sheets was worth the try and was hoping that one out of 3 would
install OK. (sure enough I had to throw away the first one as some dust and bubbles got there
despite me being very careful, LOL :p)

If you find a cheap glass and if you find it to work better vs, the classic (cheap)
screen protector - please let us know.

Cheers !

jomarr

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's really intrusive at times. I've done the link above but it's still there. Is this a software problem?

WatchFan1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's really intrusive at times. I've done the link above but it's still there. Is this a software problem?

Samsung just released an update. It helped some.
Between the installation of the above screen protector and the software update I'm very pleased with the results now.

jomarr

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Samsung just released an update. It helped some.
Between the installation of the above screen protector and the software update I'm very pleased with the results now.

Is this the Kies update? I did not receive it even when plugged in my PC. It's not really bothersome since the device is pretty smooth but it'd be better if we get a fix.

redfishsc

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have suffered along with the same problem for the past year. The other day I decided to root my tablet and try to flash a custom ROM, possibly CyanogenMod. I did root it successfully just fine, but I bricked it trying to install CyanogenMod.

But somehow in the process, I seem to have fixed the messed up touch screen. The screen was so bad on this device that I was getting frustrated even trying just to browse the web with it.

The tablet was bricked so badly after trying to flash CyanogenMod that I could not even open it into recovery mode. Somehow another I wound up with the cyanogen version of recovery, which doesn't even give me the option to reinstall a recovery file.

So I had to use Odin to reinstall the stock OS on the tablet, then use TWRP to recover back to my tablets image.

So in the end, all I had was the exact same tablet, same OS, same apps and data......, except that it was rooted. I don't think the rooting is what fix the screen, I think somehow or another reinstalling the saved image recovery file straightened something out.

Unless disabling Knox fixed it. I can't imagine why that w would do it.

If you are at your wit's end on this, I suggest rooting your device and using T WRP recovery to save a recovery image of your tablet exactly as it is right now. Do a full factory reset on it, root the tablet again, install T WRP again and then recover the image that you previously saved. If it goes as well as it did for me, you'll end up with the exact same tablet and data that you started with, but, your screen wont be all borked up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae