04-01-2016 10:07 PM
54 123
tools
    After my next charge, it only reached 95%. Sent tablet back to Amazon today.

I may get the same model again. It doesn't seem this is a widespread problem. Also considering the Tab S 8.4.
    06-21-2014 11:23 PM
    Glad to hear it didn't turn into a major problem. Assuming it's software, hopefully an update will resolve it 100%.

Thanks!
    Hey. I think I spoke too early. Mine didn't charge fully yesterday. I charged i overnight and it only went until 95%. I didn't remove the plug for another 4 hours ad it's still 95%. Not sure what the problem is but I think I need to visit a Samsung store.
    06-22-2014 10:55 PM
    I've found that mine will charge fully now of I turn it off to charge. Just to make sure it's at 100 I unplug it first and then plug it back in and make sure it still says 100 before turning it on. Still very annoying.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    06-22-2014 10:59 PM
    What will help is turning WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth antennas off for the night. Remember most apps are running n trying to do upgrades at night which is why your battery is lower.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-23-2014 11:30 AM
    Due to this charging issue I had returned my Tab Pro 8.4 to amazon. They were awesome, they took it back without the original packaging and refunded my money before the package even got there.

I decided to get the same model again. Charges to 100% every time. I recommend returning your device if you're having this issue or getting it repaired under warranty. This seems to be a rare defect.
    06-28-2014 07:24 AM
    Due to this charging issue I had returned my Tab Pro 8.4 to amazon. They were awesome, they took it back without the original packaging and refunded my money before the package even got there.

I decided to get the same model again. Charges to 100% every time. I recommend returning your device if you're having this issue or getting it repaired under warranty. This seems to be a rare defect.
    I was having similar problems and, based on preliminary tests, my problem appears to be related to power saving mode. I have no problem getting to 100% charge if power saving mode is turned OFF, but if power saving mode is turned on I can charge for six hours and the level only changes from, e.g., 74% to 87%. My charging level also seems to drop faster when power saving mode is turned on. Basically, power saving mode seems to be doing the reverse of what its name implies.

I wonder if your problem was related to power saving mode, and wonder whether others have similar problems with power saving mode.

Jim
    06-29-2014 09:37 AM
    What solved my issue was using my Tablet down to around 10-12% remaining, and then fully charging it. Haven't had any issues since I did this weeks ago.
    06-30-2014 06:17 PM
    My charging issue came back again yesterday. Went 10 days charging fine. Then back to not hitting 100%. Sigh.
    07-02-2014 09:33 AM
    This happened only the first time I tried to charge my tab. The battery indicated not charging so I rebooted the tab and tried again. Second time worked and I haven't had an issue since.
    07-03-2014 01:12 PM
    hi everyone, I'm new here. Have been using this model since mid-April. Loved my phone but the charging problem is annoying me so much.
    Initially the charging was fast and good. I love the 2A output that charges up the phone fast. But subsequently, it started charging like a snail. I thought it was problem with my charger so I bought an OEM 2A output charger. It went back to working fine for about a month, and problem came back again.
    I have experimented with different power socket, and now have resorted to switching off the phone to charge while I sleep. Then again, it doesn't get to a 100% charge after my 8h of sleep.

Even then the other issue I have is that the power is draining too fast.

I've tried the vol+home+power reset. Now I'm going to back up all my data and do a factory reset. And be more selective with the apps I install.

Anyone has success after a factory reset?
    07-19-2014 08:22 PM
    hi everyone, I'm new here. Have been using this model since mid-April. Loved my phone but the charging problem is annoying me so much.
    Initially the charging was fast and good. I love the 2A output that charges up the phone fast. But subsequently, it started charging like a snail. I thought it was problem with my charger so I bought an OEM 2A output charger. It went back to working fine for about a month, and problem came back again.
    I have experimented with different power socket, and now have resorted to switching off the phone to charge while I sleep. Then again, it doesn't get to a 100% charge after my 8h of sleep.

Even then the other issue I have is that the power is draining too fast.

I've tried the vol+home+power reset. Now I'm going to back up all my data and do a factory reset. And be more selective with the apps I install.

Anyone has success after a factory reset?
    Are you talking about the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 or a different device? Phone? Or is it the model that has sim card?
    07-20-2014 11:17 PM
    yes, it's samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4.
    sent the phone to the service centre. they only replaced my charger & cable, and upgraded the software (from the original that came with the factory reset.
    not very useful. i'm not convinced.

Are you talking about the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 or a different device? Phone? Or is it the model that has sim card?
    07-22-2014 10:57 AM
    I have the same problem. Tried the usual tricks; run down the battery to 4%, reboot, etc.. none work. It will charge fine for a cycle or 2, then do the stall charging issue.
    07-22-2014 01:31 PM
    i'm convinced it's a battery problem. mine drains a little too fast as well.
    let me use it till the end of this week cos i am coordinating an important event and can't do without a phone. then i shall go back and ask them to look at it again.
    Guess what... when I was at the service center, both the customers on my left & right of my counter were also having charging issues with their Samsung phones.
    07-22-2014 05:17 PM
    i'm convinced it's a battery problem. mine drains a little too fast as well.
    let me use it till the end of this week cos i am coordinating an important event and can't do without a phone. then i shall go back and ask them to look at it again.
    Guess what... when I was at the service center, both the customers on my left & right of my counter were also having charging issues with their Samsung phones.
    The tab pro is a tablet not a phone.
    Jenny van Formosa likes this.
    07-22-2014 06:09 PM
    My tab pro SM-T325 is a tablet phone.
    There's only a fine line between a tablet and a phone. Most of them use the same hardware, probably a different battery capacity. We install the same apps on our phone and tablet too.
    07-22-2014 06:57 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. My Samsung GTP 8.4 doesn't seem to charge unless I use the come-with cable and charger! That's not right, is it? I used a 2A charger. The battery icon had a red X in it, and in battery settings it said "not charging". Then I tried the come-with charger and one of my micro-USB cables and it STILL didn't work. I thought part of the appeal of Android tablets is that you don't need a proprietary charging setup - just enough amps. What's the deal?
    09-15-2014 12:58 PM
    Update: My problem was fixed after I sent it in to check. They claimed that there was no problem with the phone but replaced my charger. Since then I never used the original charger but some of those OEM multi-usb charger that gives at least 2A output. Works fine.

However, I do get the not charging cross when I connect one of my power bank to my phone. No idea why.
    09-15-2014 08:34 PM
    Hello guys, my tab pro 8.4 seems had battery issue which I am not sure but I find out it was much much slow to recharge then mobile of samsung or HTC one. And one strange thing is last night I plug in to recharge so this morning was 100% before I went out then I back home it was 46%, I feel that is really NOT normal. ( I turn off all the functions e.g. wifi, screen rotation ...and so on). I google how to save the power and most of the asnwers I also know just turn off the apps which you do not use brablabla but what is the real solution for this samsung tab pro battery issue which I really do not want to change the new battery by myself. p.s. I also check the software update situation , it said is last version already. So I really do not know anymore how to solve this recharge slow(very slow) and power dead soon issues. HELP !!!
    10-15-2014 03:51 AM
    REBOOT , then you will see the correct battery level !!
    10-15-2014 03:52 AM
    I have the same problem with my SM-T325 , i've tried everything on forums : reset, hard reset( vol menu button power button) nothing works !

Ps: I'm using genuine 2A white charger and even tried with Asus Nexus 7 charger 2A( ridiculously is that it works better than with the genuine samsung, the white one needs 5 unplug/plugs, with Asus Black charger only 3 unplug/plugs )

I had another interesting experience with this tablet.... it charged 100% without notice that the battery is full(I saw this tiny little detail -battery full icon- ensures that it is really charged) restarted it to verify something and shock !!! the value dropped to 62% and the charging sequence stopped ...and even if it shows "charging" while I'm typing these lines, it dropped to 59% ). pff !!!

PPS: The white charger works fine on my Galaxy S4 and i've installed an app that shows me the amperage during charging and it floats around 340 mAh - 600mAh - 990mAh - 3xx mAh and so on....(with both chargers - maybe it's a battery problem... but it's weird cuz if i manage to charge it completely, i do have a very good battery life )
    11-12-2014 09:01 AM
    Have the same problem...and a hard system restore(from the Dos of the tab..)didnt help me at all......please help......i`m stressed out cause i have no warranty and work all day on the tab...
    12-04-2014 01:10 PM
    Hi guys i am new in here. So my problem is that my samsung note 2 restart all by it self when it hits 60% below and after that my battery percentage went to 10% someone pls help me......
    01-04-2015 09:10 PM
    Hi guys i am new in here. So my problem is that my samsung note 2 restart all by it self when it hits 60% below and after that my battery percentage went to 10% someone pls help me......
    Welcome to Android Central! You're better off posting your question here: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Offhand, I'd guess your battery is failing. Try a new one.
    01-07-2015 05:42 PM
    I have been charging all day and it won't move past 30%. AND my tablet charger has to be raised a bit to show the lightning bolt in the battery image. I tried the reboot I read elsewhere (push Volume Up, Home and then Power) and I'm trying again....That seemed to move it up 1% so far. Please HELP! I love my tablet and don't want it to die. Can you help me also with the charger issue? What is going on...all at one time!
    03-05-2016 06:56 PM
54 123