Screen flickering and random reboots

cgr45

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My Tab Pro has started to act weird. After heavy usage the screen flickers and the Tab reboots. It remains in a constant reboot for a few minutes. I'm thinking that this happens when the CPU overheats. I've done a factory reset. Still happening. Anyone else having this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an SD card inserted? A corrupt card can sometimes cause issues. Try unmounting the card (Settings>Storage), removing it, then rebooting.

LeanMeanT

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
My Tab Pro is almost a year old. I first started getting random rebooting a few months ago when scrolling through gallery pics, then also when using the camera, then it started happening as I opened the cover to wake the screen. It will get into a loop that I cannot stop. I cannot turn it off. So I close the cover, plug it in and hope that it comes to its senses after a bit. I noticed the battery level was around 35% - 25% when it first started and now it happens even at higher levels. I've removed my SD card and still got a reboot loop shortly afterward. I don't have a lot of apps installed, but the latest is probably PayPal. Should I remove the most recently installed apps, run it in Safe Mode for a while as you've described, wipe the cache partition (nervous about doing that), do a Factory Reset (nervous about that), or something else? Thank you for your help.

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
My lightly used Tab Pro 8.4 has started to develop screen flickering. No reboots but this is concerning. Tablet is about a year old. So this stinks.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same issues. Going to try and unmount the card as suggested. It's killing me randomly rebooting

Posted via the Android Central App