12-14-2016 12:56 AM
83 123 ...
tools
    I went to visit my son, and logged onto his wifi. The tablet worked fine at first. We came back from dinner and I could not log on. I got a message saying something like "AP currently not in use. Internet connection too slow." The internet connection was strong. I checked the password. I had the tablet forget the wifi, then rejoin. No luck.

I went home, and now I cannot connect to my home wifi either. I get the same message.

1. How can I fix this?
    2. Is there something I should do to prevent it from happening in the future?
    09-15-2014 07:57 AM
    The first thing could be to uncheck "avoid poor connections". To do that go to settings > WiFi > click on the three dots bottom right > advanced.

See if it works now. Rebooting the phone sometimes is enough for this kind of problem.
    09-15-2014 08:03 AM
    I am now having this problem with both my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and my Sasung Galaxy note 3. The network signal is strong. but the bandwidth is under 5MB/S. I noticed this also happens at the hospital where the public wifi is limited in the same way, along with other businesses in town. When I take it to the Sprint Store in Port Orchard they cannot replicate this error. they mentioned that their bandwidth is 30MB/S. Is there any way to fix this. I need to be able to use the wifi on my phone because where I live is right in the middle of a "Cell Dead" area of town. 300 feet in any direction clear signal, but where I live no such luck.

Please get back to me I have tried rebooting, factory resets, taking it into the samsung store, everything but throwing it against the wall. I don't know what to do. And it seems now the problem has his my Asus tablet.
    10-09-2014 11:22 PM
    My Samsung Galaxy S5 mini won't connect to home wifi all of a sudden, was fine until a couple of days ago. wifi settings wont allow me to save when I change the connection as "static" as some have suggested, reboots don't do anything. Other gadgets connect fine so it's not the wifi, any suggestions?
    10-10-2014 03:44 AM
    Hello.
    I have been having the same problem for the past week. Tonight I was working on it again and found an answer!!!
    On your phone, go to Settings, then Wifi.
    Click on your WI-FI Network, then click forget.
    Click on your WI-FI Network again. Click the 2 check boxes. Put in your password. Scroll down to where the option is either DHCP or Static.
    Click on Static and enter your computer's IP address.
    Click OK. My connection started immediately.
    Hope this helps someone!!!
    11-13-2014 01:28 AM
    This solution worked perfectly on my tab 3. Hopefully they can fix this kink. It is very aggravating.
    11-22-2014 08:42 PM
    I can't find where to click "OK" when i change to "static". When i make that change, the 'connect' box greys out and all i can do is Cancel.
    12-02-2014 04:41 PM
    Holy life saver batman...errr... I mean Kinsy2323!!!!!

Thank you.
    12-07-2014 09:18 AM
    same problem with my galaxy alpha, thank-you kinsy2323, it worked perfectly after your solution. Tried for 3 days before your solution, restarted-etc. My connection started immediately after reboot. Thank-you so much
    12-11-2014 02:16 PM
    This worked perfectly for me
    12-18-2014 07:55 PM
    you still have to enter in the password at the top. that is why it's greyed out. you might have forgotten to add it.
    12-18-2014 07:55 PM
    I am having the problem where I change the box over to static and the "connect" button goes gray. Yes, I entered my password. It seems like maybe you got this to work for you. What did you do to get the static box to stay white and clickable?
    12-19-2014 09:35 PM
    I solved this by going into date and time settings then unchecking automatic date and time,and rechecking it. Suddenly the WiFi began working again.
    Ungureanu Ovidiu likes this.
    12-25-2014 11:55 PM
    I'm using xfinitys wifi hot spots so there is no where to enter a password. As a result my connect box stays grey
    12-26-2014 01:44 AM
    I did this and it brought up a message saying something along the lines of "may not have internet connection but will connect anyway" (that was very adlibed by the way) so basically now it's just connecting and disconnecting. Any ideas?
    12-26-2014 11:03 PM
    After a lot frustration and wasted time, I solved the problem on my Samsung Galaxy tab 4 by unplugging my Linksys router for 3 minutes and plugging it back in. I hope it keeps working.
    Ungureanu Ovidiu likes this.
    01-10-2015 08:22 PM
    For anyone else still experiencing issues, see if these tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    01-11-2015 10:10 PM
    Looking for solution
    01-15-2015 07:09 PM
    Please help. I have this same sign in issue...AP CURRENTLY NOT IN USE INTERNET CONNECTION SLOW...

Galaxy S 5 phone. Tried doing the forget and reenter code ...tried turning off the date and time....reboot....pulled the battery and Sim card....couldn't set the advanced setting to static because the CONNECT option is not available.....

Please any other suggestions?
    01-16-2015 01:38 AM
    Looking for solution
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you be more specific?
    01-16-2015 02:01 AM
    Please help. I have this same sign in issue...AP CURRENTLY NOT IN USE INTERNET CONNECTION SLOW...

Galaxy S 5 phone. Tried doing the forget and reenter code ...tried turning off the date and time....reboot....pulled the battery and Sim card....couldn't set the advanced setting to static because the CONNECT option is not available.....

Please any other suggestions?
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you check out this guide? http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    01-16-2015 02:01 AM
    I am having the same problem and it seems to only be affecting some devices. I am seeing the failure on 3 galaxy tablets and 2 galaxy phones, 1 HTC phone and partial failure on a iPod touch. At the same time I'm seeing perfectly fine wireless connections on various laptops (toshiba, gateway, lenovo, yoga) and phones (alcatel). The strange thing with the iPod touch is that it will connect to some sites (google, apple, youtube) but not others (disney, espn, cnn). The the ones that it can't connect to the iPod says "server not available".

I have tried all of the things mentioned already in this post (except the date thing cause I can't find that setting on the tablet, it's not there under date settings) and this hasn't fixed anything. I've also gone through the troubleshooting guide that is linked in the previous posts and that doesn't help.

In all cases it appears that I'm having trouble in the "obtaining IP address" phase. All of the devices are able to access and create the wireless connection to the router. They just can't get past the next step.

Everything has been working fine for months. I just noticed this failure starting yesterday. I haven't made any changes that I know of to my home network setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
    johna2u likes this.
    01-17-2015 11:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could try changing the DNS server. The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server
    01-17-2015 01:28 PM
    Would the DNS server be causing the "obtaining IP address" phase of setting up the wireless to fail?
    01-17-2015 06:08 PM
    Sorry, I'm not sure about that.
    01-17-2015 08:17 PM
83 123 ...