Is the Tab Pro 8.4 worth it as first tablet?

newdroidgurl

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't currently have a tablet. Searching online I stumbled across the Best Buy sale of $199.99 for the Tab Pro 8.4 and saw it was the same price as the Tab 4, then saw here that they are discontinuing it. That's all I want to spend right now. Should I go ahead and get the Pro instead? I know nothing about tablets but my phone is a Galaxy S4 so wanted to stick with what I knew.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Go for it you will not be sorry. I started with a Nook then got the Nexus 7 first edition. Bought the Nexus 9 3 weeks ago and was not happy with a number of things with it and returned it. Had been considering the tab pro 8.4 so grabbed it to try out. I love it, enjoying it more than my Nexus 7. Size is perfect at 8.4 and 16:9 size as it is easy to hold as an ereader even for hours. It is fast has terrific resolution. Some people complain about Samsung touchwiz but I find this a non event.

Went back to BB and got a $50.00 refund for the price reduction and bought another one to gift.

ajcstr

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Depends on how you will use it. First decision is if a 10" would serve you better or not. I like the 8.4 for reading books and watching netflix/xfinity - the display is beautiful and was the decision maker for me. When I use it to connect to my work desktop the screen is usable, but still a little small. I would also imagine the 10" is better for magazine reading and web browsing because its a 4:3 profile vs a 16:9.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Tab Pro has some significant advantages over the Tab 4, including screen resolution/quality, processor power, and MHL compatibility (to connect to an HDMI port on a TV). For that price, it's an excellent value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech