New stupid software update is very RAM hungry and causing battery problems

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That wallpaper isn't live, but it does have a whole bunch of permissions including network access. I always wonder about these kinds of wallpapers, because they could potentially be accessing the web for ad purposes (or worse). And perhaps something is getting glitched overnight and keeping the device awake. I'm only basing this on my personal experience, where behavior like this stopped after I uninstalled a live wallpaper.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Installed GSam battery monitor(suggested on another forum) and for the 1st time in a couple days after i charged it to 100% last time then watched some videos after closed it(and force stop it on GSam Battery monitor) and it was around 95% and then i left it on standby overnight and it lose charge from 95% to 60%. With the wifi, bluetooth, GPS of and the RAM Being cleared.

And this morning i checked the what apps are draining the battery overnight on GSam Battery monitor and there's was NO APPS that was draining the battery it was android system was draining 62.2% out of 73% (the rest was Android media/ Google services)of the battery. :/

I just found out i can't do anything about it as i can't force stop Android system, Google services more because some more things might even go wrong on my Tab Pro 8.4

I am going say it again Samsung should of NOT released this stupid and very RAM software update.

Am i the only one who has having these problems on my Tab Pro 8.4 since the software update?

It seems factory resetting it is starting to be a good idea now and the ONLY OPTION to fix the RAM issues and battery life problems that i am having and to get it back to normal before the software update.......

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
just received mine DEC. 26th. I have had no problems w/charging or battery drain. I think for you, that a re-boot is in order. Starting over your games is a big pain in the a$$, but starting over is not the end of the world. Do a factory reset and let us know if all is well or if you have the same problems.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine running since Christmas day, took update right after powering on for the first time. I'm sorry if OP, you're having problems, but at least with mine my battery usage seems consistent with the use I've had. Nothing out of the ordinary, certainly no battery drain like you describe or charging issues. Hope a factory reset does the trick for you, sometimes it is necessary even though it's a giant pain in the behind.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I did factory reset on my Tab Pro 8.4 and reinstalled my apps/games and for the couple days it was fine no problems and the battery was draining only 2-6% on standby over night with the wifi, GPS of and RAM being cleared and the sceen brightness very low

But the factory reset did not fix the stupid problems.

I keep having RAM Issues(keep getting low memory warnings and the apps/games loading up not as fast and webpages keeps reloading more often) and the last 2 days my battery has been draining 20 to 40% again over night on standby with the wifi, GPS of and RAM being cleared and the sceen brightness very low.

And this morning i checked on GSAM battery moniter and i saw this and sceenshot it as well

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-45-35.jpg

This is just stupid and ridiculous i thought a factory reset would fix stupid problems that i am having and it did not fix it.

I think the other option is to call up Amazon(i bought it from Amazon) and hopefully it will get it replaced!!

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed the wake lock detector on my Tab Pro 8.4 but i can't do anything with it because it says " Access Permission was changed in Kitkat, Now Advanced statistics need ROOT access :( "

I don't really want to root my Tab Pro 8.4..
Root is not required. Re read the link I posted above. It tells you how to do it without root.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had my GTP 8.4 since launch. It has always had poor battery life when running stock roms. Sometimes it does better sometimes worse. Even without apps installed there is no difference. Android system is almost always listed as consuming the most battery. That is the biggest draw back on all reviews you read on this tablet. Like you have done, I have installed numerous battery saver and wake lock detecting apps but to date have not figured out a way to better the battery life at all. I have done factory resets, rooted, gone back to stock, it's always the same with stock roms. I did, however, found that when running Cyanogenmod the battery did last a lilttle longer.
Bottom line is, the battery installed is probably not big or good enough to handle the display plus everything Touch Wiz needs. I got used to expecting to having to charge daily with moderate use. I can maybe go 3 days with light use (about an hour screen time).
I have the original Ipad Mini as well, it has issues sometimes especially whenever IOS is updated. But then settles down and keeps running almost as good as it did when new. I'm not saying one is better than the other, I love Android (not my GTP) because of everything you can do with it...maybe there is different hardware out there that would meet the battery life you need.

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
i`m sorry but you`re crying about 5% not charging? my battery charges at only 73% and if i open huge apps it reboots constantly without stop......only if i stop it uing the charge cable plugging it is or if it`s still plugged then take it out and put it back to charge and it stops rebooting cause it has to open the power off battery charge screen...

Then i have bigger problems without any solution.....so???

Poonam Basliyal

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
However my battery issue is resolved by 'wakelockdetector' but I am getting the same issue 'access permission was changed in kitkat now advanced statistics need root access'.

Not able to get any help in the link 'https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector' provide.
Please provide steps to resolve the above error without rooting m phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
However my battery issue is resolved by 'wakelockdetector' but I am getting the same issue 'access permission was changed in kitkat now advanced statistics need root access'.

Not able to get any help in the link 'https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector' provide.
Please provide steps to resolve the above error without rooting m phone.
So you properly installed and are using adm?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital