New stupid software update is very RAM hungry and causing battery problems

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed the new software update(stability) 2 weeks ago on my Tab Pro 8.4.

But since then i have been having big drops about 20%% in battery on stand by time over night plus clearing the RAM and boost the battery life with Battery Doctor.

Before the software update over night it only dropped from 2 to 5% on stand by time Every time.
This should NOT happen and i NEVER had this problem before the new software update.

And the battery life does not last as long now. It use to last 7 hours on sceen time but now it only last 4/5 hours on sceen time. :(

And i think the new software update is very RAM hungry because the RAM booster(Memory booster lite) does not boost the RAM as much no more now it is always under 15/18% with under 300MB free that is not alot of free RAM before the software update i use to have over 25/30% with over 600/800MB of RAM free and that is alot of free RAM left.

Because of only under 300MB free out of 2GB of RAM since the Software update the apps/games are not loading up as quickly anymore and the home sceens keeps on reloading when i go out of a app sometimes and the web pages reloading more often Now.

Does anyone having this problems that i am having since the new software update? Can anyone know how to fix the battery not losing about 20% on stand by time over night and how to get the RAM back to normal like over 25/30% with over 600MB/800MB free left?

The good thing about the software update it has fixed the charging issue i had each time i charge the battery it always goes back up to 100% every time without stopping at 35, 78, 95%. :)

WOW!!! And just by writing this for about 15/20 minutes the battery already lost nearly 15% from 40 to 26% That is just stupid, unbelievable!!!!!

Why Samsung even released this very stupid RAM hungry Software update that causes major big drop downs on standby time on battery, this is ridiculous!!

Really hope Samsung release another Software update to fix these stupid problems!

How do i install the previous software update without doing a factory reset.

Please tell me i am not the only one who is having these problems since the new software update..... :/

Last edited:

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

Bad news!! The charging issue haven't been fixed after all because tonight i charged my Tab Pro 8.4 from 3% and it only got up to 95%. :(

I thought the charging issue was FIXED turns outs it is NOT, I am disappointed in this And getting fed up about this!!!!

If this don't get sorted then i might as well get the Ipad air 2 then because Ipads never have these problems and they are so more reliable than Android tablets........

Last edited:

kassdog

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
After all the problems with this "high end" tablet, I won't ever buy another samsung tablet.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Another UPDATE:

I left my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 on standby over night with boosting the RAM, closing apps and the battery life and turned off wifi, bluetooth, GPS, etc.

And it lose 15% charge on standby over night from 100% to 85. this should not be happening
I think it is the software update that is very RAM hungry that is affecting the battery life very badly :C

Anyway i just hope when i send it back to Samsung they will fix the problems that i'm having or replace it with a new one.

The bad thing if Samsung replace it with a new one i am going to lose all my games progress, i have got really got far into those games and i have nearly finished them.

if they unable to fix it then i be ditching Samsung saying BYE BYE Samsung and HELLO Apple only for the Ipad air 2!

Last edited:

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
After all the problems with this "high end" tablet, I won't ever buy another samsung tablet.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

What problems did you have? Same as me? And what did you do? Got it replaced or sold it?

I agree i will never buy another Samsung Tablet till Samsung fix the stupid problems they have on there tablets especially on the there "high end" tablets(Tab Pro, Tab S).

"High End" tablets like Tab Pro shoud NOT have these problems in the 1st place.

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
What problems did you have? Same as me? And what did you do? Got it replaced or sold it?

I agree i will never buy another Samsung Tablet till Samsung fix the stupid problems they have on there tablets especially on the there "high end" tablets(Tab Pro, Tab S).

"High End" tablets like Tab Pro shoud NOT have these problems in the 1st place.

Because why? Because the "High End" Samsung programmers never make errors while the "Low End" programmers do?

Apple is WAY MORE "High End" than a Samsung Pro or S, and yet it is riddled with problems. So, have fun switching to an iPad Air 2.

Just take a breath and relax. It's a tablet. Plug it in more often until the problem is fixed. Carry a external charger. Lots of options.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Because why? Because the "High End" Samsung programmers never make errors while the "Low End" programmers do?

Apple is WAY MORE "High End" than a Samsung Pro or S, and yet it is riddled with problems. So, have fun switching to an iPad Air 2.

Just take a breath and relax. It's a tablet. Plug it in more often until the problem is fixed. Carry a external charger. Lots of options.

What about the RAM Problem that i am having?

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the opposite since latest TabPro 8.4 update: charging is now going to 100% consistently and not randomly stalling, and battery drain during normal usage is slower.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had my GTP 8.4 for 3 weeks and have not seen any samsung updates. Does the initial setup download updates? It didn't seem to do anything like that when I set it up.

mashhud1

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
To everyone on this forum. Is done something really dumb and deleted my recovery file so to anyone with root access and stock (unttampered) recovery can you please download flashify app and backup your recovery and post it here please

I'm in a real pickle and would appreciate it so much if you guys could help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest uninstalling all "RAM boosters" or battery saving apps, just to see how things work. RAM boosters and battery saving apps that work by automatically killing apps to "free up RAM" are often counter-productive, because the apps that are killed typically start up again automatically. This is due to Android wanting to keep RAM relatively full (usually at least 50%).

I have personally found that these kinds of apps will often report RAM being almost full while they are themselves running. For example, when I used to use All-In-One Toolbox, it would usually report only about 10-15% of RAM to be free--but when I exited out of it and then looked at Settings>Apps>Running, there would be more like 30-40% RAM free. So either the RAM boosting app was itself using a lot of RAM in its operation, or it was incorrectly reporting it.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok in the last week i did unistalled the RAM Booster(Memory Booster Lite) and kept the cleaner(Clean Master, CCleaner, Advanced Mobile Care) apps and installed a different Battery doctor/booster(DU Battery Saver).

It seems now every night(especially last night) my Tab Pro 8.4 keeps on losing 20 to 30% charge on stand by over night after clearing all the RAM and boosting the battery life like last night it was charged fully to 100% left it on stand by over night and in the morning it lose 30% charge from 100 to 70% that is ridiculous.!

And i think the charging issue it is working again it keeps going up to 100% everytime without getting stuck around anywhere(20%, 56%, 80%, 95%)

The battery life is worse than ever before the software update i was getting 6/7 hours of sceen time and now i am only getting 3/4 hours the most on sceen time.

The RAM issue is stil bad now without RAM Boosters i am still getting under free 200MB/400MB left now that means the web pages are reloading more often and the apps are keep reloading and games/apps opening up more slow.

It seems the Clean Master ram booster showing incorrect(maybe) RAM usage because someone on this forum said go on settings-app manager-running and to check the RAM because it will be higher than it actually is and i checked the RAM usage in the settings and RAM was around free 500MB left and the Clean Master RAM booster says free 200/300MB left and the person was right.

Ok why does it say the RAM is higher in the settings and the Clean Master RAM Booster/other RAM Boosters says it is only free 200MB/400MB left after i installed the new software update?

I think because for the battery life losing alot of charge on stand by ridiculously and bad battery life(3/4 hours of sceen time) and the RAM issue.

I am going to risk it for a biscuit and factory reset it and hopefully it will fix the issues i am having and get back to normal like it was before the software update.

But i am not going to factory reset it just yet(in the next day or 2 i will) because i want to know what are your thoughts about this? What do you think? What would you do?

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Uninstall all that battery ram crap off your tablet. Its not needed. I consistently get 8-9 hours battery life.

Ok you tell me to uninstall "Crap" RAM Booster and battery doctor app of my tablet.

Explain to me why should i?

Just look at the reviews of RAM boosters, Battery Doctor/Saver apps on Google Play Store and the reviews are mostly good and prove to be very reliable, they say they have improved the battery life and there tablet/phone is much faster and better.

So there 100% obvious they are working for lots of people..

So i am not going uninstall those "crap" RAM booster, Battery doctor/saver.

Get your facts right. I don't understand why people like you tell us to get rid of "Crap" RAM Booster, Battery Doctor apps of our tablets/phone but we won't uninstall especially the major apps like Advanced System Care, Clean Master because they are useful and very reliable.

There Is a very good and valid reason why they created for tablets/phones because it makes the tablets/phones more faster, more stable, and protect from viruses and improve the battery life, more and if they did not create these type of apps i bet we would be complaning that our tablets/phones are very slow, unstable and the battery life is horrible...

And we be begging for apps like Clean Master, Advanced Mobile Care to be created for tablets/phones.

If you think they created cleaner/battery saver apps just to steal privacy data and put viruses/malware on our tablets/phones than your obviously wrong and it won't be any good for them because they wasting there time.......

Like i said above As you can see in the reviews on Google Play Store there are obviously working for alot of people!

If you get Apps like the Clean Master/Advanced Mobile Care app from major and very reliable developers then you are fine. but don't tell me that all RAM/Cleaner/Battery life Saving apps especially from major, reliable developers(Clean Master, Advanced Mobile Care etc) are crap because they are not!

And if you are wondering what Cleaner/RAM Booster/ Battery life saving apps that i have on my tablet then here it is:

Clean Master(By Cheetah Mobile)
AMC Security - Clean & Booster
CCleaner
DU Battery Saver

And they are from major, very reliable developers and these apps are getting very good reviews on Google Play Store.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still recommend you uninstall those apps. I mentioned before that these RAM boosting apps seem to use a good chunk of RAM themselves, so that when you're running them, the free RAM ends up being a lot lower. The free RAM that is reported by the system is typically higher when you're not running the RAM booster.

Keep in mind that Android was not designed to have as much free RAM as possible. Android prefers to keep RAM occupied with open apps, to allow for more efficient app opening and switching. See these articles:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/380592-guide-ram-android.html
RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Jerry's article is from a while ago, but the basic principle of RAM management in Android has not changed.

I always take Google Play reviews with a grain of salt. It can be difficult to tell sometimes if a review is planted by someone associated with the developer. It's also hard to tell if a user review is based on more of a placebo effect than actual improvement in performance. I generally place more stock in reputable tech writers (like the AC crew) and their opinions or recommendations.

This is not to say that apps like these are completely useless. They can be helpful at times to diagnose an app that might be hogging too much RAM or battery, perhaps due to poor coding. But I just don't think they're that helpful for daily usage, and are more likely to be counterproductive.

geotzia

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree,my opinion is to uninstall those apps,and if you have a root device download Greenify,is the best app ever,i think you will see the difference and if you want a cleaning tool i I suggest SD maid (both are for root devices)

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How to find what is draining the battery life so fast and how to stop it? because in the last few days it has been losing over 20 to 40% over night with the wifi, bluetooth, GPS off and the RAM being cleared..

For a couple days the battery life will be fine on standby over night only lose about 2 to 6% charge and then it happens again the battery will drain to 0% so fast or lose over 20 to 40% over night with the wifi, bluetooth, GPS and the RAM being cleared for a couple days and after it will only lose 2 to 6% over night of battery life on standby and then after the same thing(lose 20 to 40% of battery life on standby over night) will happen all over again for a couple days...

If i don't find what is draining battery life so fast and fix it then i am going to bite the bullet for real this time and factory reset it and get it back to normal like it was before i installed the stupid and very RAM hungry software update.....

Or should i wait till when(if ever) Samsung release another software update in the future or maybe wait for Android Lollipop to arrive on my Tab Pro 8.4 in the next year but i am not too sure i can wait for that long tho.........

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've found in the past that certain live wallpapers drain battery overnight. If you're using a live wallpaper, see what happens if you change to a static one.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've found in the past that certain live wallpapers drain battery overnight. If you're using a live wallpaper, see what happens if you change to a static one.

I am using a wallpapper from a app called Background HD(from Google Play Store) in the home sceens and the lock sceen.

Is it a live wallpapper that i am using?

I don't really think it is the live wallpaper because the battery life on standy was fine before the software update..

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am using a wallpapper from a app called Background HD(from Google Play Store) in the home sceens and the lock sceen.

Is it a live wallpapper that i am using?

I don't really think it is the live wallpaper because the battery life on standy was fine before the software update..

Right but you never know how the update might be interacting with the wallpaper or any third party apps. May as well listen to B Diddy, he knows his stuff!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX