MicroSD Card and Photos

Ace H

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
When I first inserted a MicroSD Card and opened the camera, a message came up saying something to the effect that "sdCard detected, photos will automatically got to sd card". I removed the sdCard to transfer some photos to my desktop system and when I placed it back into the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 that message did not appear again. When I took a photo it did not go the the SD Card. How can I make the photos automatically go the the SD card?

P.S. I just got this Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 two days ago and so far I'm enjoying my new "toy"...tons of features a lot to learn.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you turn the phone off before taking the card out, or did you unmount the card? If not, the card just "disappeared" as far as the phone is concerned, so the camera reverted to using internal storage.

(Never remove a card from any computer without telling the computer that you're doing it - "safely remove" in Windows, unmount in Android. If the computer delays writing, it may still be writing to the card when you remove it, and you've corrupted the card. When you tell the computer you're removing the card it forces all writes to finish before telling you that it's okay to remove the card and inserting the card tells the computer that you've put it back.)