Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 question

Twiyer

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Someone please answer this question :)

Does Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 have lolipop? Or is it getting it?
I am looking to buy this tablet, but kitkat looks old :(:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! No Lollipop announced yet. My parents have one, and to be honest, I'm not sure if Lollipop would be a huge improvement. We see lots of complaints here about how Lollipop causes problems for other Samsung devices (like the S5 and Note 4), particularly with the appearance of the user interface, so keeping the Tab Pro 8.4 on KitKat may not be a bad thing.

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Lollipop has been announced for the tab pro 8.4. ETA quarter 3 of 2015 so 3 weeks to three months

Sent from my SM-T320

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's great! Did that announcement just come out recently? I had checked this website last week or so, and that info wasn't there at the time (but now it is): Official Samsung® Android Updates & Firmwares

It looks like the announcement was dated the 13th. I have been checking there regularly myself. It had been saying TBA up until now. It is nice to know they will be keeping this tablet up to date. I love mine.

Sent from my SM-T320

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Makes for an interesting choice : stick with TabPro 8.4 with Lollipop or make the move to the new Galaxy Tab S2 (Model #SM-T710)

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Makes for an interesting choice : stick with TabPro 8.4 with Lollipop or make the move to the new Galaxy Tab S2 (Model #SM-T710)

Personally I usually travel along the road of budget or used tablets. I bought my pro 8.4 for 200.00. I have seen refurbs for 169.00 at best buy (sold out now). It would be nice to have the lastest and greatest but dollar for dollar the tab pro 8.4 is a much better deal. Also the S2 has a 4:3 ratio like the ipad or an old fashioned tube tv. That is a great format for reruns of I love Lucy and reading magazines but is a big change if you are used to the 16:10 or16:9 of most samsungs.

Sent from my SM-T320

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My tab pro 8.4 running kitkat allows "move apps to sdcard" now. My Galaxy s5 phone running lollipop 5.0 allows it as well. I would assume that function should continue to be available.

Sent from my SM-T320

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My tab pro 8.4 running kitkat allows "move apps to sdcard" now. My Galaxy s5 phone running lollipop 5.0 allows it as well. I would assume that function should continue to be available.

Sent from my SM-T320

I was under the impression kitkat prevented you moving apps.It was implemented for security reasons.However after what you just wrote I checked and some,not many,apps can be moved.
Is there a way to make any app that's not pre-installed to be moved ?

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There are ways to do it if your tablet is rooted. The apps that won,'t move probably wouldn't function correctly from the sdcard. The apps to sdcard function is available with KitKat from google but it depends on the tablet manufacturer to decide to implement it or not. So some devices have that feature and some don't. All my Samsung's do.

Sent from my GT-N8013

bh7171

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Go to the Samsung update schedule page. Lollipop 5.1 is pending. It already is on the '12 Pro

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad