Anyone thinking of getting one?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely getting a Tab S tablet.

The only problem is that I still can't decide which one.
8.4 or 10.5? :(

Or... wait 2 to 3 months when Samsung release the next new tablet. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My own size preference would be an 8 inch, unless you are looking at getting a stand. For me 10" tabs are heavier enough where I can't hold them as long.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My own size preference would be an 8 inch, unless you are looking at getting a stand. For me 10" tabs are heavier enough where I can't hold them as long.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Based on the official specs from Samsung's website:

10.37oz for the 8.4-inch model
16.40oz for the 10.5-inch model

The weight difference is only 6 ounces.... considering the 8.4-inch is only 10.37oz, that's quite an increase in weight. :) It's better to pick the lightest one for one-hand holding over extended period of time.

Colorado Guy

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am looking at the 10.5. I already have a Nexus 7 (2013), so a 8.4 is not that much larger, and I would like to try a larger screen tablet. Honestly, I was looking at the Note Pro 12.2, just seems too big and expensive for occasional use.

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

The Tab S 10.5 does look nice, but Magazine UX is far from my favorite. Samsung's software is why I tend to avoid their tablets.

I have an iPad Air, and one pound really isn't that heavy if held with two hands. If only using one hand, it can definitely become uncomfortable after a while, but it ultimately depends on how you're holding it.

The Tab S 8.4 at 10 ounces is pretty nice looking, too. It would probably be the tablet I would opt for out of the two.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Once reviews start coming out about battery life then I will think about buying one. If it can last 8+ hours then I will pick one up. It not then I would hold of on it.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I plan on getting both the 8" and 10" versions to mate up with my S5,,,,,,, I'll still keep my iPad Air only until Android/Google/Samsung can put together a video editing app as good as iMovie.

I have an iPad for one iOS app,,, iMovie,,, it's insane that Android does not have one video editing app that can even hold a candle to iMovie,,,,, Ohh well !!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 8, note 10.1 2014, and note pro 12.2, and I'm waiting for the reported 13.3 version of the S, hopefully as a note edition.

jstplnfrank

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am weighing my options between an iPad Air, Tab S, and a Surface Pro 3.

I currently have an iPad Mini, but am looking for a bigger tablet now. I know the Surface 3 is the outlier, so realistically it's between the 2 tablets.

Posted via Android Central App

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the 10.5 because of the ultra power saving mode. I am so stoked they included it in the new Tab S, also that it is the same 24 hs per every 10 percent like the S5.
If you don't want the S though BestBuy is selling the tab pros for an AMAZING $150 off. 349.99 for 10.1 and 249.99 for 8.4

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
If you don't need the pen Costco is blowing out the tab pro 12.2 for $519.00, can't beat that. I opted for the Tab S because of the new screen, 128gb storage and the ultra power saving mode.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Air is nice but you would save more if u waited for them to announce Air 2. (Prices will drop) Air runs 64 bit chips which are amazing BUT the app store has very few apps that can take advantage of that. Go with the Tab S I'm sure you won't be let down.

jstplnfrank

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I will be heading over to Best Buy on Friday to check out the Tab S. I understand that if you order directly from Samsung, there's a free case being added too?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I will be heading over to Best Buy on Friday to check out the Tab S. I understand that if you order directly from Samsung, there's a free case being added too?

There are 5 Best Buy stores in my area. The two near me already have the Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 on the display. (but not available for purchase)

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
From what I know the BBY 32 gb is black not bronze. As for the white in 32 gb yes I believe samsung will release it when they release the LTE colors.

sandyb

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the 8.4 pro and the screen is awesome.. Color calibration is spot on simply to me the best small tablet on the market.. My opinion of course.
BUT.... must have the 10.5 super Amoled screen Pre ordered 32gig the display is something to behold..
I'm selling my iPad air 32gig to Gazelle 300 Bucks and will never look back. ANDROID is the only way to fly.. Oh also have the Nexus 7 great little tablet also..