Have the Tab S 10.5, ask me anything!

bywasabi

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I am looking for a simple functional slide show maker. Need a way to easily select photos to show from files on device, and have them play on the screen as a simple slide show. Maybe include various transition effects. In the Play Store there appear to be thousands of such apps, and several I have loaded and installed were quickly uninstalled as to ad loaded, or simply not functional. This seems so basic, but yet it isn't. I am quite used to manipulating photo files on my Windows PC and making simple slide shows w/ the facilities built into Windows. Over here in Android-driven tablet-land (I am a tablet newbie) things are not so obvious, nor as facile. I can't understand how to find a good app for this out of the thousands that would claim to be IT. What would you recommend?

do you mean something like powerpoint presentation? if yes, then you just have to go to the hancom office and update the apps there. they will give you something like hword, hslides and more. i dont know i just found it there. or perhaps if you want to search it on google store, then you can have the polaris office. i am using it as well as the hancom office :)

Posted via the Android Central App

elfrazoo88

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
No not looking for powerpoint functionality -- have that already. Just a simple way of running an automatic slide show of a string of photos already in memory (SD card) on the tablet. Also, a facile way to pick and choose the photos to show, and rearranging their order. One hang-up in all of this is that I loaded a bunch of pictures onto the SD card on my PC and then put the SD card in the tablet. The pictures show up, but they are listed in reverse order (?). So when i use the built-in slide show feature, they play backwards, newest first, vs other way around. Can't figure out how to reorder (in PC-land we call this sorting) files in memory. Seems tablets are small and cool looking, and this Tab S 10.5 has a GREAT screen, but the basic file management system is either too primitive or non-existent compared w/ what Windows offers, for example. If the system will allow me to move and sort files w/ this machine, I do not understand yet how to do it.

elfrazoo88

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Did some more research, and am learning how things work over here in tablet-ville. The short of it is: "There's an app for that." Seems that most things that one might have gotten used to on a PC system that is built in to the OS, is an add-on app on a tablet/phone. And not just one app either, but hundreds, spanning the range from useless to invasive, to actually useful. Seems like the Android way of doing things. I get it -- or at least I am learning. Said another way: I want my tablet to behave more like my Windows PC than my phone.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did some more research, and am learning how things work over here in tablet-ville. The short of it is: "There's an app for that." Seems that most things that one might have gotten used to on a PC system that is built in to the OS, is an add-on app on a tablet/phone. And not just one app either, but hundreds, spanning the range from useless to invasive, to actually useful. Seems like the Android way of doing things. I get it -- or at least I am learning. Said another way: I want my tablet to behave more like my Windows PC than my phone.

Google would not be what it is if it would not grab more and more data granted when you give apps their wide open permissions. Yes, I am somewhat cynical about Android apps.

wzn

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Samsung's dumb TouchWiz launcher program prevents you from removing their forced widget screen to left of main screen... By the way their news mag feed widget which is unremovable on that screen doesn't work. To have full control of your screens and get some better working widgets, you will need to get a different launcher app (GUI) - best are Nova, Now & Apex... Nova works great on my unrooted Tab S 8.4 and has far superior customization of EVERYTHING. Very reliable. You can switch between launchers using android Settings menu.
Also, the newsmag feed widget that comes with TouchWiz that is forced to stay on its left screen doesn't work right because samsung mis-doctored it... it essentially is an altered version of Flipboard which is a very good app. Install Flipboard from google store & the content will be pushed correctly.
Also under Settings app manager you can disable a few of the stupid obnoxious bloatware apps - do so, to save battery & processing resources.

Last edited:

wzn

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Turn off Gestures under settings, input to fix screen movement problems & some stylus use issues.
With samsung help staff, if they don't know make them look it up in their knowledge base they rely on in customer service, or have them ask a superior or tech support line. Some CS know more than others but if they don't know just persist with them or make a second call. They can also remotely connect and view admin your device with you for help or problem.

wzn

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Use a standard USB cable preferably one that comes as charger. You may need samsung pc software to transfer files over usb. No OTG or proprietary cable needed.

Gabriel Cormier

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok i have the 10.5 inch bronze tab S and about 3 days ago I was playing a game and suddenly started the preview that you would she at like best buy or somewhere like that.... i have updated the software. Restarted it multiple times, and still no results, if you dont have amything that will help i might just factory data reset it.

bywasabi

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Some of my photos lost and i dont know how this happen! Can anyone give me ideas how to restore the lost photos? I thought dropbox could help but it didnt. This is so disappointing. Do you guys experience the same thing too?

Doug914

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I have been a Mac user for a long time but have now got a Tab S 10.5 and I am having trouble loading photos from cameras to it .I have tried both OTG cables and usb card readers, I can see the photos but cannot seem to save them,
Please can anyone tell me step by step to do this please note I am new to Samsung OS so any tips need to be very
simple
Thanks to all in advance
Doug

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have been a Mac user for a long time but have now got a Tab S 10.5 and I am having trouble loading photos from cameras to it .I have tried both OTG cables and usb card readers, I can see the photos but cannot seem to save them,
Please can anyone tell me step by step to do this please note I am new to Samsung OS so any tips need to be very
simple
Thanks to all in advance
Doug

A bit late for my answer but I was just over in Europe and almost daily copied the photos from my Canon PS G7X to my Tab s. I just plugged in an OTG adapter to the Tab S and then plugged in a usb cable from the camera to the adapter (the canon takes the older large usb plug size). Then I turned on the REVIEW mode (where you can look at taken photos). The Tab S would automatically recognize the camera and offer the Gallery app. Tapping that (twice, I think), it would open my various albums and eventually it would show the Canon as another Album. I would select one, then where it shows in the upper left OneSelected, I would tap then and pick SelectALL. Then I would hit the upper right Menu and tap IMPORT. The pictures would be imported to the internal folder system in a folder called IMPORT. Disconnected the camera and turned off its display.

I doubly protected my pictures and copied them to a thumb drive which I plugged into the OTG cable. Then I moved them from the internal memory on the Tab to my sd card. So I had 3 copies.

ibhipru

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
How do I transfer photos from my Tab S to my computer. I currently transfer photos from my camera to the computer using a Canon product called Image Browser EX. This program edits the photos and exports them to my Picasa library. I tried hooking the tab s directly to the computer and using the cannon product to make the transfer but the Browser EX doesn't recognize the tab s. No real surprise there. Any help would be appreciated.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hook the Tab S to my Win7 computer using a usb cable. The Tab shows up with its internal drive and my sd card. I can use Win Explorer to copy/move/etc files between the two devices.

Gaylord Read

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
It has been giving me a lot of low internal memory issues. I have cleared the cash and wiped the system cash by doing a soft boot. It says that I'm using a lot of memory in the downloads directory. When I go check, the folder is empty.

How can I fix this?

ibhipru

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I followed your procedure and it worked as described. I did note that only some of the photos show up on the computer. All my photos that were in the cloud previously and were downloaded to the tablet dont show up? I understand that a cloud photo wouldn't show but after I download it it should. Also, why are some of the photos I take moved to the cloud for storage and others are on the tablet?