Samsung Bluetooth Keyboard Cover release?

Everlast716

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think its at the warehouse and should be in stores soon, I added one to my cart and it said I could either pick it up in stores in 3-5 days or have it shipped to my house. I am gonna wait for a sale maybe $100 would be my sweet spot, I completely agree $129 is kind of absurd.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you google EJ-CT800UAEGUJ for White and EJ-CT800UAEGUJ for Bronze you will see that even when is not In Stock anywhere, the price is around $83 in all of them except Best Buy. In one of them ShopBLT they even have 60 ordered and due for the 19th.

blujay40

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, BB seems to be toting the line in regards to pre release pricing by Samsung. Once everyone starts getting them, I suspect there will be prices lower than what BB wants now. I am waiting on a white one as well as Sears getting them in stock so I can use the 104.00 credit (Shop your way rewards points) I got when I purchased the Tab S from them.

Azekecse

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I received my Samsung Galaxy Tab S Bluetooth keyboard (Titanium) today. Here are my initial observations:

1) Beautiful keyboard, looks very clean and professional
2) Keys are responsive (sometimes minor lag), key stroke (1.5mm) and incurved keys a plus
3) Key pitch (16.01mm) a tad small, but it is a 10.5 tablet (use to the Note pro 12.2 keyboard size, since returned)
4) Nice latching mechanism
5) Needs track pad
6) Minimal protection against drops (although not tested)
7) Minor instability when mounted and using touchscreen

I rate this keyboard 8.5/10 and I would purchase it again. Although I wish it was less expensive, will try to price match with BB, once availability increases.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Peace and Blessings,

Azeke

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
On a keyboard like this, if you want to use the tablet as a "tablet" not as a PC substitute (ie, use without the keyboard) how do you hold the combination and how well does it work?

Azekecse

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
On a keyboard like this, if you want to use the tablet as a "tablet" not as a PC substitute (ie, use without the keyboard) how do you hold the combination and how well does it work?

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question, however I will try to answer. If you don't want the combo and only use the tablet you would just turn the Bluetooth keyboard off (on/off switch on rear of k/b). Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to hold it physically. Do you detach the keyboard when you want to use it as a tablet? I'm visualizing my hand pressing against the keys where they would be if you fold back the keyboard.

blujay40

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to hold it physically. Do you detach the keyboard when you want to use it as a tablet? I'm visualizing my hand pressing against the keys where they would be if you fold back the keyboard.

To my knowledge, the keyboard doesn't flip back, or otherwise stay connected to the tablet when not in use. I also don't believe that you can "snap" it in place on the back of the tablet screen for storage when only using the tablet. You would just turn off the keyboard and set it aside when using just the tablet/screen in touch mode.

So the keyboard may not be for everyone if they use a keyboard for very little during operation but would be very useful for someone like me when creating/answering longer emails, taking notes during a meeting/phone conversation, or using this as a pseudo laptop replacement.

a_craig

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I am VERY interested in this keyboard, but I am curious to know if you can snap/lock the tablet into the case/keyboard with the tablet facing upwards - in order to use the tablet without the need for the physical keyboard? Otherwise, when the keyboard is not required - the user only wants to use the tablet, the keyboard would need to be set aside, therefore the keyboard and tablet would be 2 separate items to keep track of. Thanks...

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Tablet only snaps in in one direction. That is face down for storage. When you place the tablet in the keyboard for typing, it doesn't click in or anything. It appears that there is a lip that sort of snags the tablet and holds it fairly securely. I don't see it falling out unless you turn the keyboard sideways or upside down obviously.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site

You can't fold anything backwards. To use the tablet without the keyboard you simply separate the two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7