Slow Web browsing

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
People have mentioned laggy browsers. I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced just slow browsing speeds. I have very fast Web at home, but the tablet seems to operate like I have dial up.

Posted via Android Central App

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I started with the stock browser. Then chrome and chrome beta. Just over all a slow experience.

tonebones

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
People have mentioned laggy browsers. I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced just slow browsing speeds. I have very fast Web at home, but the tablet seems to operate like I have dial up.

InSetting of device , under the tab applications click on internet and under "Content settings" uncheck JavaScript and see a huge improvement!

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll give the javascript tip a shot. As for the other guy, I was talking about the Tab S. Not my home internet connection which works absolutely perfect with everything else that's connected to it.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Javascript off still doesn't fix the chrome speed problems for me that much. Firefox wasn't much better. I switched to Dolphin browser, much better on several sites I tested.

7/23 update- Chrome just released an update that seems to fix the problems, so I'm going back to it for now.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll give the javascript tip a shot. As for the other guy, I was talking about the Tab S. Not my home internet connection which works absolutely perfect with everything else that's connected to it.
I average around 20 mbps down and no issues... With any of the browser pre installed

jableh

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Is it opening new tabs/windows, scrolling or both?

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I like the Samsung default browser but I find that, like Boat and Dolphin and Chrome it lags while it renders graphics on a web page. It then has to re-render them if you move to link and then come back. Turning off Java Scripting only prevents most graphics form rendering at all so that's a no go for me. I wish that android browsers had a more effective caching system. That might decrease some of the lagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol