Registering for Samsung Perks?

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having trouble registering their Tab s 10.5 32GB? When you open your browser, it directs you to the Galaxy Apps app and follow the prompts. Did that, no option to register. When you try to register it on the website, the only option they have is the 16GB wifi model. Anyone else have any luck?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble registering their Tab s 10.5 32GB? When you open your browser, it directs you to the Galaxy Apps app and follow the prompts. Did that, no option to register. When you try to register it on the website, the only option they have is the 16GB wifi model. Anyone else have any luck?
It is its own sku which Samsung doesn't even sell on it's own website... Samsung must of never added that sku to its database

jstplnfrank

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I used the 16gb option, and added my serial number. I have not yet received the email with my perks though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I did that with my first Tab S (exchanged for a loose screen on top left). I got an email with the 50% code.

I just chatted with Samsung support, they say the site should be updated soon so it can be registered properly.

I'll just wait it out this time. Since there are no google play credits or anything with this tablet I'm in no hurry.

jstplnfrank

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to give it a couple more days then contact Samsung. Guy in store said it takes up to 5 days to receive the email.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
This process has actually been changed- no longer do you receive an email they have made it easier. I will take it as that samsung rep did not do their homework and keep up with the training. I myself work for Samsung sales and marketing :)

Locate the samsung app store》
update it and it will be changed to Galaxy Apps》next open and look for Exclusive》 then it should show you some gifts and you can do See more》 you should be able to see all the Galaxy Gifts now including gogo wifi.

This device has THE MOST gifts we've given away!!
Extras include Hancom office just search it in galaxy apps. It's free for download
Go to Google play movies app and it asks if you want a free copy of Gravity the movie.
Milk Music (Pandora type service without ads)
Paper garden app gives you All of June issues of over 20 magazines.
Marvel Unlimited - 3 month trial to ALL the comic books you want to read.
You can read about all the offers on our marketing page.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s%2Fmobile%2Fgalaxy_gifts.html&token=L1ioga3t

Let me know if you have any questions

Posted via Android Central App

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Update: I did some checking on this and it seems once you update the app and sign in to your Samsung account it sends an auto email for verification. Once this email is verified you will recieve another email for your Gifts which include those registered to the device as Gogo wifi. My email was hidden in the spam or Promos folder because I use a Gmail for my Samsung account. Let me know what you find :)

jstplnfrank

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I updated the app, and did everything listed above. I have not received the email for verification yet, does anyone know how long this should take?

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Update: I did some checking on this and it seems once you update the app and sign in to your Samsung account it sends an auto email for verification. Once this email is verified you will recieve another email for your Gifts which include those registered to the device as Gogo wifi. My email was hidden in the spam or Promos folder because I use a Gmail for my Samsung account. Let me know what you find :)

I had already signed into the galaxy apps app, received no email in spam or otherwise. I think the registration system is completely broken for this new tablet. So much for the advertised perks?

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update, I went through the create an account process with another email address through the galaxy apps app. I got the confirmation email and confirmed, and it said to watch my email for my perks. Haven't gotten it yet, will continue watching.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I have Outlook at my Email for Samsung and no Email.....

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is still that the 32gb version is not in the samsung database, therefor cannot be registered by any means. Once they get that taken care of, I'm sure we will all start getting the perks emails. Stupid that Samsung didn't get this done ahead of time though.

rhody401

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I had to call too and they were pretty much clueless and said wait for 48 more hours.

From reading online for a different galaxy tablet, it claims that while you are on the plane you have to simply connect to the plane's gogo wifi. Then open up CHROME (not any other browser), and their system should auto detect that you are a customer who qualifies for the free offer - and it will redirect you to a special login page. This may or MAY NOT be true for our 10.5 Galaxy Tab S tablets. We got two of them last week and will be travelling 4 flights in the next week. Hopefully it works, because no one seems to know.

Getting the other perks (apps) was right in the samsung app mentioned above, but the gogo offer seems to have very little information. Everything is vague about it, and tech support doesn't know either.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is still that the 32gb version is not in the samsung database, therefor cannot be registered by any means. Once they get that taken care of, I'm sure we will all start getting the perks emails. Stupid that Samsung didn't get this done ahead of time though.

Yes I believe you are right, given its exclusive to BBY only it should not take long to put them in the data base.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to call too and they were pretty much clueless and said wait for 48 more hours.

From reading online for a different galaxy tablet, it claims that while you are on the plane you have to simply connect to the plane's gogo wifi. Then open up CHROME (not any other browser), and their system should auto detect that you are a customer who qualifies for the free offer - and it will redirect you to a special login page. This may or MAY NOT be true for our 10.5 Galaxy Tab S tablets. We got two of them last week and will be travelling 4 flights in the next week. Hopefully it works, because no one seems to know.

Getting the other perks (apps) was right in the samsung app mentioned above, but the gogo offer seems to have very little information. Everything is vague about it, and tech support doesn't know either.

Sorry about the confusion on how to register your go go gift. I have added some pictures and will explain how I use mine and I have the Tab S 10.5, I travel a lot for my job so have already used it.
Get the first email you see below once you get that you are good until the flight. This is your registration and those gifts are registered to the device and can not be used on others.
Now as it says in my second pic - verify go go is offered on the plane. Most make u wait till AFTER take off before it is available. Now like connecting at a mcdonalds open up a Internet browser ( I seem to be able to use any) then accept the terms and conditions. You can choose to redeem it then as it will be an option for payment. The tablet tells the service it has a pass and your good to surf. Your first connection starts the 1 year timeline you have to use your 36 passes.

Attachments

• 20140714_134156.jpg
    20140714_134156.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20140714_134033.jpg
    20140714_134033.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 25

jstplnfrank

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have not received the first email, should be good to go after that but still waiting on email

kozuch

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Any updates, has anyone managed to register their 32GB tablet yet? I'm considering to buy the Tab s 10.5 in the 32 GB version, but if I can't get the Samsung perks, I might go for the 16 GB model after all...