Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have only had my GTS 10.5 for a couple of weeks, I must say I love it. Its not a big issue, but I wonder if its my issue only. The gold trim around the edge of the tablet isn't a consistent level, its very minor but the trim all around the edge is raised roughly 0.2mm above the glass, apart from the bottom right hand corner which is flush with the glass. I cant tell by looking, but when I am holding it it is very obvious.

Does this mean the back cover isnt properly on, can the back cover be taken off?

As I say its no a big issue, but it is something that is bugging me, I wouldn't mind if its a standard thing, if its just me, I would like a way of fixing it, I don't think I would go to the bother of returning it, unless other wise advised to do so.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same height around the whole tablet.

If you bought it locally, take it in and compare with another one.

Make sure you're happy.

Don't... Settle. 😉

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is raised all throughout the screen (I mean, if I slide my finger to the edge, it'll feel the gold trim, not just slide through it), and all I've seen are just like this.

When I first got the Note 10.1, I had a similar issue, but I just popped the screen back in. Gently, of course.

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought it online, so cant take it into a shop, if I could take it to a shop I would do that, but I dont want to lose it for a a month or so returning it to the online shop, I know I should, especially considering the price, also it has all my info on it. But for the sake of 0.2 mm in just one corner, I think I will just bite the bullet.

I have tried to pop it back in, but really don't want to apply more pressure than I am doing, it already feels like I am pushing to hard, any more and I just know the screen will crack. I would like to remove the whole back and put it back on, but dont know how to do that, well I think I do know how to do it, but don't want to try until I get further advice on it.

Thanx for the replies.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't bother you and it doesn't affect functionality, I'd just leave it like that. I'd be concerned if it wiggled around the glass or if it started to pop out, but if you can't push it in by applying more-than-comfortable force, chances are it's not going to move anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital