No Note 2015 edition!

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Technically active Tab is not "Iconic", If you go back to our thread I said we will see no more iconic tablets this year. This also was unveiled not released yet. How are you liking your Tab S by the way?

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Technically active Tab is not "Iconic", If you go back to our thread I said we will see no more iconic tablets this year. This also was unveiled not released yet. How are you liking your Tab S by the way?

Posted via the Android Central App
Love it minus my love hate with the cpu difference. Samsung exynos has supp9rt issue with apps but the DAC inside is better. Wolfson DAC is way better then what Qualcomm uses

Guney Kizilates

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
will there be any events on december?
i was looking forward to buy the 2015 edition note but it wasnt revealed
what do you suggest for a note taking tablet now or should i wait for a possible 2015 edition note tablet?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
will there be any events on december?
i was looking forward to buy the 2015 edition note but it wasnt revealed
what do you suggest for a note taking tablet now or should i wait for a possible 2015 edition note tablet?
The note 10.1 2014 edition is still great but I just disliked the light bleeding issues it had and I prefer amoled screens

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why nobody is talking about this. Are we the only 2 people waiting for a note 10.1 refresh? I would've bought the 2014 edition months ago if a 2015 wasn't 'on the horizon'. Stop toying with us Samsung! If you keep me in the dark too much longer, I might just decided a Surface Pro sounds better.

joanne_lim87

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why nobody is talking about this. Are we the only 2 people waiting for a note 10.1 refresh? I would've bought the 2014 edition months ago if a 2015 wasn't 'on the horizon'. Stop toying with us Samsung! If you keep me in the dark too much longer, I might just decided a Surface Pro sounds better.

i am also waiting for a note 10.1 newer version.
Note Pro is too big...
10'' will be just nice.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I have a G-Note 2014 and a 128gb SP2. I'm struggling with which one to keep. It's not really an "apples to apples" comparison, tho.
The SP2 is a definite computer and the G-Note is a definite tablet. They both do most everything I need them to do with minor exceptions with both.
I'm a contractor and the most used function for me is taking a screenshot of a detail sheet off a set of plans (blue prints), marking it up and emailing it off to an architect or builder. The G-Note handles this like a BOSS and quick as h*ll ! this feature is extremely convoluted with the SP.....Plus, the SP2 is twice as heavy as the Note. The Note is thinner & lighter and doesn't weigh down my briefcase.
I put the Surface on Craigs_list and I'm keeping the G-Note 2014.
There are a ton more things the 2014 will do for me that I don't even know about yet & a "refresh" version would add more to the learning curve.
Like Joanna said, the Note Pro is too big. 10.1 is perfect size for me.

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I still need a full-fledged laptop around with my crapple ipad, and I think I still would if I had the Note, though I would use it for probably 5%-10% of tasks rather than the 50+% I do now. Whereas with the Surface, I'm pretty sure it would completely replace the laptop and the tablet. Yes, it would be a worse tablet experience than the Note, but still far improved over the ipad, and I'd be down to a single device.

<rant> I mean, I was an apple hater from way back, but honestly I thought I was just biased, and when work gave me the ipad, I thought: "At the very least, it's a great productivity tool, right?" Wrong. I had no idea how crippled ios was until I started using it full time. I don't understand how anyone find this intuitive, easy, or frankly, usable. I tried investing in keyboard cases, and active styli, but $100s later, there's no fixing it: ios is just bad.</rant>

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! I still need a full-fledged laptop around with my crapple ipad, and I think I still would if I had the Note, though I would use it for probably 5%-10% of tasks rather than the 50+% I do now. Whereas with the Surface, I'm pretty sure it would completely replace the laptop and the tablet. Yes, it would be a worse tablet experience than the Note, but still far improved over the ipad, and I'd be down to a single device.

<rant> I mean, I was an apple hater from way back, but honestly I thought I was just biased, and when work gave me the ipad, I thought: "At the very least, it's a great productivity tool, right?" Wrong. I had no idea how crippled ios was until I started using it full time. I don't understand how anyone find this intuitive, easy, or frankly, usable. I tried investing in keyboard cases, and active styli, but $100s later, there's no fixing it: ios is just bad.</rant>

Ha ha..... I feel ya, man! I had an 3S for about 2 weeks. Now, the only "i" I do is me!
The Surface 2 is a beast. It's a flat out monster computer in a tiny package. You'll love it! It'll work well as a table too, just a little bigger & heavier. If you get it used, be sure you get the Haswell, 4300U processor.
I'm lovin the G-note 2014. It seriously does everything I need.
When I'm not working, I don't need heavy Windows apps like QuickBooks. Android has Word, Excel, etc... Although it's Paloris, I can still edit all the MS Office doc's I keep in Dropbox.
As I mentioned in the other post, I can take a screenshot of a blue print detail page, mark it up and email it out effortlessly.
I'm posting this for the G-Note 2014. Good luck with the SP2!

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Ios is pretty good at productivity.... Not a laptop good but good in its own right