Finger scan fail can't remember alternate password

Janelle31

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
In need of serious help - my finger scanner only worked randomly and ultimately locked me out after many failed attempts (I found this function very hit & miss). I can't recall my alternative password :( Can't find anything on-line except a hard reset but not for my device. Help greatly appreciated :'(

Treasa Xavier

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I did not set any alternative password for my phone only fingure scanner what do i do .. my phone wont open .... help needed immediately please ... mail me on this I'd

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only solution now is a hard reset. Going into recovery mode and wiping the entire device is the only way out. The secure lockscreen is there for a reason, and sorry to say this, but you can't register fingerprints without setting an alternate password...

Usually turning the device on by holding the power + volume up + home button together until you see the Recovery Menu works.

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey there android gurus,

So my fingerprint scanner has vanished as an option on the lock screen and I am asked to put in my alternative password. However, the password I put in keeps coming back as incorrect which is strange because I saved the password in a draft email just incase.

So now I cannot get into my TAB 10.5 - but I do not want to hard reset it because all my pictures from the Christmas holidays are on it. I have attempted the password refresh by going onto the Android Device Manager but it can't locate my tablet,

Any help please - really really really appreciate any help.

Cheers

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey there android gurus,

So my fingerprint scanner has vanished as an option on the lock screen and I am asked to put in my alternative password. However, the password I put in keeps coming back as incorrect which is strange because I saved the password in a draft email just incase.

So now I cannot get into my TAB 10.5 - but I do not want to hard reset it because all my pictures from the Christmas holidays are on it. I have attempted the password refresh by going onto the Android Device Manager but it can't locate my tablet,

Any help please - really really really appreciate any help.

Cheers

As the post above yours suggests, you will NEED the password to get into the device. I don't know enough about Recovery Mode but can you just force it to reboot rather than wiping all data from the Tablet? Maybe it will reboot and provide the Finger Print method again. Or try some variations on what you think is the password or what might have been another password.

I don't know if the Tablet is like my Blackberry devices but you can only try entering the wrong Password 10 times. After that it will automatically erase all personal data. So you don't have UNlimited tries.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton